It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday)

Moderator: Football Moderators

It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 am

well before I start my story, I wanted to mention that I went to Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, and Against All Authority's 'Shout It Loud' Tour on friday night and it was absolutely amazingly rediculously insane. :-b ;-D ;-D ;-D

anyhow, back to my story, lately here (Saint Louis Missouri area and many other areas around here) it's gone above and beyond 100 degrees somewhat consistently in the last two weeks, well yesterday was warped tour (and the temperature was over 100 most of the day) and I wasn't gonna go as tickets were thirty bucks a pop, but I was still pretty pumped from friday, so me and my friends went anyhow (the band Pepper was def. the highlight of the day for me, well them and Flogging Molly), "stay hydrated" my parents kept saying and I did, I started hydrating the night before with a big bottle of water and the same the next morning, and drank several while I was there.

The problem with going to a place like this is the prices, I bought French Fries and a bottle of water for nine bucks.... :-t ...so I basically went without food the entire day as I stupidly forgot to eat before I left, so we're leaving, and when we get to the car, the friends we went with brought a cooler for after the show so we all got somehting to drink, mine was RED gatorade yummy right, right. So anyhow I get home, bad headache, mom says you need to eat something and take a cold shower. "what was for dinner" I ask "help yourself" she says, so we have NOTHING to eat, I had to resort to spaghettios which are RED, eat about half a bowl and can't eat anymore, feel kinda sick, but I haven't thrown up in literally like 10 years so I didn't worry about it, took my cool shower, go into my room, feel like I'm gonna pass out, grab the dresser and spew...red. ick.dangit.

"mom! I just spewed on my floor" at first she's like it's ok you just got overheated, then she flips "why didnt' you go in the bathroom! don't ever ever do that again, I'm in a loony bin, if you ever do that again I'm gonna...the hard floor was right next to you couldn't you take 2 steps to get there!" on and on, and I don't care because I felt horrible, but now my carpet's stained red and my parents think I'm an idiot for spewing on the carpet not the toilet. ugh :-{ :-{
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday)

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:32 am

First off - reading your story, I thought "is this the return of the Random thread?" Lots of random stuff in there. :-b

Second, do NOT mess around with heat exhaustion. This can be a potentially serious situation and could have lasting effects throughout your life. Stay VERY hydrated all day today and if you feel bad at all you really should see your doctor. I’m not joking at all, so watch yourself.

I hope you feel better! Good luck with that carpet.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:40 am

LTJ brings back some memories, Hello Rockview is my favorite album ever. A shame that I lost it a couple years ago and don't have it on my computer anymore ;) ;)

Sucks about the carpet, just tell them this could be a reason to buy new carpet :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:02 am

WickedSmaat wrote:LTJ brings back some memories, Hello Rockview is my favorite album ever. A shame that I lost it a couple years ago and don't have it on my computer anymore ;) ;)

Sucks about the carpet, just tell them this could be a reason to buy new carpet :-b

dude your like the only other LTJ fan on this whole forum, I've asked about em' before and you are the first one that's said you liked, they're awesome. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:07 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:LTJ brings back some memories, Hello Rockview is my favorite album ever. A shame that I lost it a couple years ago and don't have it on my computer anymore ;) ;)

dude your like the only other LTJ fan on this whole forum, I've asked about em' before and you are the first one that's said you liked, they're awesome. ;-D

not the only other one ;-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:04 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

not the only other one ;-)

Of course the guy from Florida does :-b

I do know of one other guy on the cafe likes them, can't remember his name but it dealt with LTJ. :-S

I've got all the albums from pezcore to anthem and hadn't grabbed the new one yet. I burnt out my HR disc and eventually lost it, still mad that I couldn't find it anywhere. Bust out Losing Streak every now and then, that's my second favorite one ;D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby CC » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 am

When I went to Rock the Bells in NY at the end of July (RATM, Wutang, Cypress Hill and about 10 other famous acts) it was supposed to rain. On the day it didn't rain one drop and the crowd was so huge and tightly packed together that I have to throw away the T-shirt I wore from how sweaty it got with my (and others) sweat. I would venture to say I saw at least 200 people have to be carried over the barriers by the crowd due to heat exhaustion. By the time the show was halfway over, my buddy and I were so desperate for water (we had killer spots we didn't want to lose) that we gave a security guard 30 bucks for 4 bottles of water. At the time we were mocked by those around us, but about two hours later these same guys were begging us for sips of water.

The crowd was so hot and dehydrated that "water" chants were being started every 10 minutes between acts and when a security guard would come by and toss water on the crowd he was lauded like a deity. When they were passing out cups of water, hands were grabbing for them like a bunch of filthy refugees.

Best concert ever tenfold.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dood that sounds scary. :-o

And fun. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 am

WickedSmaat wrote:Of course the guy from Florida does :-b

I do know of one other guy on the cafe likes them, can't remember his name but it dealt with LTJ. :-S

I've got all the albums from pezcore to anthem and hadn't grabbed the new one yet. I burnt out my HR disc and eventually lost it, still mad that I couldn't find it anywhere. Bust out Losing Streak every now and then, that's my second favorite one ;D

You know it. One of the songs on there album is all about leaving Gainesville ;-D

I went to a LTJ show a couple years ago in gainsville and ended up with a bruised kidney, it was a lot of fun.

Hello Rockview is my favorite too ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:34 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Of course the guy from Florida does :-b

You know it. One of the songs on there album is all about leaving Gainesville ;-D

I went to a LTJ show a couple years ago in gainsville and ended up with a bruised kidney, it was a lot of fun.

Hello Rockview is my favorite too ;-D

Hello Rockview is probably their best album, and then after that Losing Streak, Anthem, Borders and Boundaries and B is for B-sides are all kind of in the same tier IMO, then comes Pezcore and the last Album In with the out crowd which didn't go over to well with the fans, myself included.

but let's not forget 'Greased' where they cover a bunch of songs from Grease the movie of course. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk