It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: It is TOO HOT!!! (story about yesterday)

Postby m16a » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:41 am

When ya gotta spew, you gotta spew... Can't control where... Anyways, hope it doesn't happen again, stay hydrated, thats the key. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 am

By the way, my brother had a very similar incident to that at Warped tour here in Tampa about 5 years ago. It was soo hot and the concert was out in a parking lot, so the heat was only magnified and he was not drinking water. My mom had to go get him from the conert afer a couple hours and he wasted a $50 ticket.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:13 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:By the way, my brother had a very similar incident to that at Warped tour here in Tampa about 5 years ago. It was soo hot and the concert was out in a parking lot, so the heat was only magnified and he was not drinking water. My mom had to go get him from the conert afer a couple hours and he wasted a $50 ticket.

that's how it is here, the whole concert is on Asphalt. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Hehe. Large outdoor concerts up here in Chicago are usually held in Grant Park or Millenium Park, so if anyone wants to, they can walk half a block and then just jump into Lake Michigan. Getting out can be troublesome though, and can also draw a fine if you decide to go for a swim in a no swimming area.

:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:12 pm

my wife passed out at a reds a's game in cincy when it was 106 a few years back... the stands were pretty bare and everyone was in the rotunda area in the shade. several people were passing out. it was ridiculous. I actually think she was faking it trying to get out of watching that crapfest... :-b she was ok after a bit. it was really crazy all the people leaning against the walls with family attending to their heat exhaustion...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 pm

treat24 wrote:my wife passed out at a reds a's game in cincy when it was 106 a few years back... the stands were pretty bare and everyone was in the rotunda area in the shade. several people were passing out. it was ridiculous. I actually think she was faking it trying to get out of watching that crapfest... :-b she was ok after a bit. it was really crazy all the people leaning against the walls with family attending to their heat exhaustion...

Reds / A's..is that baseball? Well, then that would explain the stands were pretty bare and people passing out
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 am

Haha, that reminds me of when I threw up all over my friends carpet a couple weeks ago... :-S :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:20 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Haha, that reminds me of when I threw up all over my former friends carpet a couple weeks ago... :-S :-b

fixed that for ya. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 am

You bunch of pansies. It's like never UNDER 100 here. ;-7

But seriously, the hottest weather I have ever been in was in the Grand Canyon. We went on a school trip where about 5 guys hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (9 miles) and camped down there. Anyway, it was incredibly hot for the last two miles and we asked a ranger after we were down there how hot it was. He said it was 110 that day in the shade and on the trail the last mile it was 120 and over at times. So yeah, that was REALLY bad. But on that trip I also went swimming in the coldest water I have ever been in. Running water that was around 30 degrees. You get major cramps going form 110 degree weather jumping into a 30 degree water. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Haha, that reminds me of when I threw up all over my former friends carpet a couple weeks ago... :-S :-b

fixed that for ya. :-b

haha, that's awesome and so true. :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk