Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5?

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:47 pm

moonhead wrote:not crazy for ranking him top 5. crazy if you take him in the top 5, though.

WHT does that mean Moon? :-b Are you saying that you can see him finishing Top 5, but there are other picks that are safer to pick that high.....or that you can get him later.....or that most wouldnt have the cajones to take him that high?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:50 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
moonhead wrote:not crazy for ranking him top 5. crazy if you take him in the top 5, though.

WHT does that mean Moon? :-b Are you saying that you can see him finishing Top 5, but there are other picks that are safer to pick that high.....or that you can get him later.....or that most wouldnt have the cajones to take him that high?

take your pick. but he's going in the second round. wouldn't you rather have addai in the first and henry in the second rather than henry in the first and benson in the second?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:07 pm

moonhead wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:

take your pick. but he's going in the second round. wouldn't you rather have addai in the first and henry in the second rather than henry in the first and benson in the second?

Of course....I began to realize exactly what you were trying to say as I was typing my response. I just worry that after that first preseason game....yes it was only 5 carries, that people will really start thinking about taking him earlier. Top 5 no, but to 10 quite possibly. I wouldnt personally take him top 5, but since he is a fellow UT alum and I have him in one of my keepers, I like to think he will have a stellar season. :-)

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby papadakis » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:35 pm

LT
SJax
Addai
Henry
Gore
papadakis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:39 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Yes, I think you are. Call me a hater, but look at this:

1) The Broncos starting O-Line averages 32 years old.
2) The Broncos have a 2nd year QB with an average to below crop of WR's.
3) The Broncos have been known to spread out the carries somewhat.
4) Henry will be 29 in October.
5) Henry's highest YPC in a season was just 4.4 in 2002.
6) Henry has been able to play the whole season just once in 6 seasons.

I do like Henry, but not in the first round, muchless the top 5. I'd take LT, LJ, SJax, SA, Gore, Westy, Addai, Rudi, Parker, Bush, McGahee, Maroney, Manning, Steve Smith, and maybe Carson before him in a 6 pts/passing TD league. He may have a huge year, but is a pretty big risk for your #1 pick, IMO.

how is Walker an average receiver? some consider him the top fantasy receiver and he only had an off season last year because he was recovering from an injury and it was his first year in that system, expect big numbers from him this season. And Brandon Marshall has definitely showed some promise and many expect him to play very well this year also.

Also, Denver does share the ball a lot, but they haven't had a back this good since Portis, not saying Henry is as good as Portis, but who they've had since then aren't even close, and I don't expect Mike Bell of all people to take over for a guy who's proven he can handle the job and handle it quite well.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby theimitator » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:31 pm

moonhead wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:

I just said this in another thread. ;-D
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RJ24VC15 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:47 pm

But If he is my #5 back and I have the 5th pick, I either take him at 5 or don't get him. He is going very early 2nd round, and in a 12 team league sometimes first round. No way does he come back to you in rd 2 unless you pick really late in the draft.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:12 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Yes, I think you are. Call me a hater, but look at this:

1) The Broncos starting O-Line averages 32 years old.
2) The Broncos have a 2nd year QB with an average to below crop of WR's.
3) The Broncos have been known to spread out the carries somewhat.
4) Henry will be 29 in October.
5) Henry's highest YPC in a season was just 4.4 in 2002.
6) Henry has been able to play the whole season just once in 6 seasons.

I do like Henry, but not in the first round, muchless the top 5. I'd take LT, LJ, SJax, SA, Gore, Westy, Addai, Rudi, Parker, Bush, McGahee, Maroney, Manning, Steve Smith, and maybe Carson before him in a 6 pts/passing TD league. He may have a huge year, but is a pretty big risk for your #1 pick, IMO.

how is Walker an average receiver? some consider him the top fantasy receiver and he only had an off season last year because he was recovering from an injury and it was his first year in that system, expect big numbers from him this season. And Brandon Marshall has definitely showed some promise and many expect him to play very well this year also.

Also, Denver does share the ball a lot, but they haven't had a back this good since Portis, not saying Henry is as good as Portis, but who they've had since then aren't even close, and I don't expect Mike Bell of all people to take over for a guy who's proven he can handle the job and handle it quite well.

I agree, and to add to that:

Henry may not have a history of great YPCs, but everyone has a better YPC in Denver than anywhere else. Look at Clinton Portis. He had a YPC of 5.5 both seasons in Denver, and since moving to DC, he has had YPCs of 3.8, 4.3, and 4.1 in the last three years.

He is getting up there in age, but he has had less carries than many running backs at that age because in the two years before last year, he had less than 100 carries.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:48 pm

moonhead wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:

That may have been the case a while ago, but Henry's stock has been steadily rising and will likely continue in that same direction. Right now if you have a top 5 pick there is no chance you would be able to get him on the way back in the 2nd round. If you get stuck with one of those picks and can't trade that 1st rounder will be your only chance to get Henry.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Max Power » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Check out this story

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=0 ... nfirm=true

sounds like Shanny is real high on the guy too
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk