Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Am I crazy for having Travis Henry in my top 5?

Postby codered7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:37 pm

i agree with dbz guy. Why reach for Henry if you can get him later in the second round? Reaching is a bad strategy imo, the best is to take what falls to you, and henry will be there in the 2nd.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Yes, I think you are. Call me a hater, but look at this:

1) The Broncos starting O-Line averages 32 years old.
2) The Broncos have a 2nd year QB with an average to below crop of WR's.
3) The Broncos have been known to spread out the carries somewhat.
4) Henry will be 29 in October.
5) Henry's highest YPC in a season was just 4.4 in 2002.
6) Henry has been able to play the whole season just once in 6 seasons.

I do like Henry, but not in the first round, muchless the top 5. I'd take LT, LJ, SJax, SA, Gore, Westy, Addai, Rudi, Parker, Bush, McGahee, Maroney, Manning, Steve Smith, and maybe Carson before him in a 6 pts/passing TD league. He may have a huge year, but is a pretty big risk for your #1 pick, IMO.

how is Walker an average receiver? some consider him the top fantasy receiver and he only had an off season last year because he was recovering from an injury and it was his first year in that system, expect big numbers from him this season. And Brandon Marshall has definitely showed some promise and many expect him to play very well this year also.

Also, Denver does share the ball a lot, but they haven't had a back this good since Portis, not saying Henry is as good as Portis, but who they've had since then aren't even close, and I don't expect Mike Bell of all people to take over for a guy who's proven he can handle the job and handle it quite well.

I said crop of receivers. Rod Smith is ancient, and Marshall has progressed, but not enough to be an NFL #2 WR.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:17 am

I'm looking at a fantasy cheat sheet right now that has Henry listed at 7. I personally would take him at 6 if he were available (Keeper league...grrr).

I don't see how you guys think he's going in the 2nd round unless you're in an 8-team league. I can't see any reasonable argument for taking him lower than 10. You honestly would take guys like FWP, Maroney, and Rudi Johnson before Henry? I just don't see that happening in most serious leagues.

Incidentally, I have LT, SJ, SA, LJ, and Gore ahead of him. I wouldn't take him at 5...I don't know which of those 5 guys you would drop below him...but I wouldn't blame you if you did.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Timbathia » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:20 am

Interesting info - Henry was drafted at #10 in the Broncos fans only league here in the cafe. IMO Henry could easily be as good an option as the 5th player taken in a draft. LT, SJax, Gore and LJ all have a bigger upside, but you can argue Henry against anyone else.

If you can get Henry in the second round drafting from anywhere except the 10, 11 or 12 spot then that league is a waste of time. Even from those spots it is highly unlikely he will make it passed 1.12/2.01 in most drafts.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:04 am

codered7 wrote:i agree with dbz guy. Why reach for Henry if you can get him later in the second round? Reaching is a bad strategy imo, the best is to take what falls to you, and henry will be there in the 2nd.

Well thats what I along with other have been saying....Henry seems to be moving up the draft boards into the Top 10 in a lot of peoples eyes. Therefore you wouldnt be able to get him in the second unless you have around the last pick in the first. So if you have a pick around 5-8 you will probably have to take him thre if you want him because he wont be around for your second pick.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 pm

If you are at 5, you could always pick the guy rated the highest like Addai/SA/Parker and then trade for Henry afterwards. The person who drafted Henry may value him less than the player you drafted so you could in theory get Henry and a sleeper WR as well in a trade.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:24 am

some consider him the top fantasy receiver

Who?? His relatives??
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prime_time13 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 am

Lofunzo wrote:
some consider him the top fantasy receiver

Who?? His relatives??

His relatives and Brett Favre
prime_time13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:50 am

You are not getting Henry anywhere near the middle of the 2nd round in a veteran league. He's usually picked by the 10th drafter if not before and at the very latest he's going to the 8th slotted drafter in the 2nd round.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:55 am

Azrael wrote:You are not getting Henry anywhere near the middle of the 2nd round in a veteran league. He's usually picked by the 10th drafter if not before and at the very latest he's going to the 8th slotted drafter in the 2nd round.

Yup, what him said. In some Cafe drafts Henry has fallen no further then 10th. I was in the 9 hole and gambled that he would fall all the way down to 12th. I couldn't pass up FWP, but would love to have had Henry.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk