Keeper League - First Draft - HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper League - First Draft - HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League - First Draft - HELP!

Postby Brianst » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:28 pm

I've been playing FF for 5 years but this will be my first keeper league. Aug. 27 is the first draft and I suck at drafting, I make great WW moves and trade whenever possible but I always stumble at the draft. This is one draft where I don't want to stumble!

Any tips on draft day?

And any tips for drafting for a keeper league as opposed to a one year team, besides the younger the better?
Brianst
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League - First Draft - HELP!

Postby Timbathia » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Depends how many keepers and whether you have to give up picks next year to keep them.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Ok here's some general tips:

Your rankings shouldn't change much. Take your regular rankings and move a player no more than a few spots up or down based on age/potential.

Reaching for young players just ruins your chances the first year and sets you in rebuilding mode immediately. Better to win now than later.

On draft day don't be afraid to spend a few late round picks on young guys though. Also, make sure you know your keeper rules well. Some leagues don't allow keeping of players taken in the first few rounds. If so, keep that in mind when drafting and draft like a redraft early.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:46 pm

it's not just that 'younger's better', you need to look at young guys with a lot of upside, guys that are gonna have the starting job this year, but will be good for years to come, you don't necessarily want a guy that's gonna be fighting for the starting job for like the next three years.

also don't forget to get some proven guys that will produce for sure, as this is a keeper league, not a dynasty league. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk