IR Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

IR Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: IR Question

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:10 pm

aman74 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:This is a keeper league, right?? Otherwise, an IR slot in a redraft league is useless.

How is it useless?

It has pros and cons, it allows you some flexibility without expanding the whole roster a spot which depletes the waiver wire for leagues who are concerned about that or who have large leagues like a 14 teamer.

How is it useless?? Well, redraft leagues start over each season and, when a player goes on the IR, he is lost for the season. I see no reason to keep a player on IR in a redraft fantasy football league. Am I missing something??
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby STEELERnation » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:36 pm

We've used 2 IR positions for the last several years and it's gotten to be a headache. As a Commish, I've found myself having to be a roster policeman. You will have the owners who are reluctant to activate their players when they come off of the injury report, hanging on to them as long as possible, and there are also the owners who will try to place their players on IR with a paper cut. This year we are eliminating the IR positions altogether and going with an additional flex position.

If you do choose to go with the IR positions, I would suggest making sure that the player is designated as OUT or at least DOUBTFUL to warrant IR status. Coaches play with the injury report and there are a lot of players who are designated as questionable but end up playing anyway. You will want to also enforce strict guidelines as to when a player has to be activated or you will have a bunch of roster stacking going on.

Hope this helps.
STEELERnation
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aman74 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
aman74 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:This is a keeper league, right?? Otherwise, an IR slot in a redraft league is useless.

How is it useless?

It has pros and cons, it allows you some flexibility without expanding the whole roster a spot which depletes the waiver wire for leagues who are concerned about that or who have large leagues like a 14 teamer.

How is it useless?? Well, redraft leagues start over each season and, when a player goes on the IR, he is lost for the season. I see no reason to keep a player on IR in a redraft fantasy football league. Am I missing something??

You can set your league to allow you to use an IR spot if the player is listed as out. It will allow you to pick up a replacement for a few weeks until he comes back or not.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner