Auction/Keeper League.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Auction/Keeper League....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction/Keeper League....

Postby There is no EXCUSE!! » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 am

I am not new to Fantasy Football, I have played with the same group of friends for the past 5 years, I know what I am doing and have won 2 years in a row ;-D ... But this year is different we are doing an Auction instead of a draft and having a kepper league. I have a list of players I would like and how valuable they are to me but I am not sure how to rate them money wise. We each start out with 200 dollers and the auction begins. I am afraid of spending to much on a player, and if we later dont want them we can trade but still have to pay there salery. And then we do have to keep our players for 3 years. SO i dont want to make any bad moves and pick up players for alot of money and have them be crap in 1 year. What do you suggest that I do? On what players to have for kepper, and what amount to bid on them?
There is no EXCUSE!!
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction/Keeper League....

Postby drnick5 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:04 pm

I'm in a similar type league, we use 100 dollar cap, with a min of 16 roster spots to fill (can fill up to 19 if you have the room). I recommend NOT spending top dollar for Lt and Manning, you can usually save a good amount of money going for the number 2 or 3 guys in the top tier ( say s. jax and T. brady or D. brees instead) this way you have more money for other studs (WR, TE) and also have money for depth.
If you spend 30-40 bucks on LT and he goes down, so does your season.

Best thing I can say is keep track of what EVERY player has left for cap space, also keep track of what they have drafter (if you already 2 QB's, keep naming QB's on your turn to get payers to spend their cap.)

I always do my best to not pay full value for a player. you goal is to try and get 120 bucks worth of players for 100 dollars in cap. guys always slip in the auction. and some guys go for much more than their worth. also keep in mind since its a keeper league, guys like a. Peterson and c. Johnson will go for more than they do in a non keeper format.

do a google search for fantasy football auction strategy, you'll find lots of good info. no 1 strategy works, you have to be flexable. good luck!
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby There is no EXCUSE!! » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks that was very helpful, I think I have the best team in my leauge and has the most depth. Here is who i have and what I payed for them in a 200 hundred doller cap. ;-D how does everybody think I did?

Frank Gore RB 61
Chad Johnson WR 27
Drew Brees QB 20
Santana Moss WR 10
Eagles DEF 10
Brandon Jacobs RB 5
Neil Rackers K 3
Vikings DEF 4
Donald Driver WR 7
Jaguars DEF 4
Matt Stover K 4
Jason Witten TE 1
Ahman Green RB 2
Marion Barber RB 7
Eli Manning QB 6
Jon Kitna QB 3
Daniel Graham TE 2
Bernard Berrian WR 1
There is no EXCUSE!!
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Pats4four » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:22 pm

I usually spend about 50% of my salary on 2 stud RBs then use the reat to fill up my roster. However, the prices of the players are really messed up. I mean $5 for Jacobs? $10 for a defence?! I would not spend more than 1% of my salary on a defence and I owuld definitely not buy 3 defences, just as a matter of interest how much did the Chicago defence go for? Also, I would not spend for than 1% of the money on kickers either and only buy 1. The values of some players are really messed up too. How is Driver worth less than Moss? How come a starting RB is worth less then a defence and a kicker?!
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby drnick5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:35 pm

looks like you got yourself a pretty good team. gore and jacobs will do you just fine at RB. and marion barber is a great flex option.
you have brees who is the o 2 QB behind peyton maning, and eli isn't a bad backup to use on a bye week.

not sure how you score for defense but if its standard, then I think you paid too much for the eagles, that your biggest weakness, but it shouldn't matter too much as you have a well balanced team.
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum