The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07

Postby mattfenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:29 am

I'm getting riled up for some real football. We've got our draft a week from Saturday and I cannot wait for the season to begin. My excitement has me thinking, who is going to be the bounce back player of the year? Who is rated too low, the guy(s) the experts think is past his prime, on the wrong team, running the wrong offense?

I'm looking at Shaun Alexander as a guy who is being undervalued. He may see a dropoff from 2 years ago (I'm overlooking last year's injuries), but I still think should rate as a top back on a team with a solid offense. How about Randy Moss? He's lost a step, playing on a new team. Will he be able to be a cog in an offense and thrive, or pout that he's not getting all the balls? What about the fantasy draft darling from 2006, Lamont Jordan? He couldn't be much worse, but does he crack into the upper tier of backs this year? Let's see what the fantasy geeks think. Who is your prediction for comeback fantasy player of the year?
mattfenn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07

Postby benb18a » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 am

SA is the obvious choice. I think Chambers will have a decent year, better than last.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattfenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am

Chambers had totally dropped off my radar. I'll assume no one is going to offer up Joey Harrington. Then again, he wouldn't be a comeback player, it'd be a first time lucky...
mattfenn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:52 am

I'm gonna say Edge. No way he can possibly do worse than last year. Zona has upgraded their O-Line, specially with Levi Jones and the new HC is gonna mean a much more run-happy system as opposed to Arizona's usually 1-sided pass game. My only concern is that he might lose goal line carries to Shipp.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:54 am

Not a bounceback, but Donald Driver will always be undervalued. His ADP is 47, while T.J. Houshmandzadehs is 35. That's a whole round lower for two guys that will almost certainly put up similar stats.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:00 pm

I was not totally high on Alexander before but lately I've gotten him at a very good value in some of my mock drafts, so he is a bounceback player for sure. I think Witten is another bounceback player, he hasn't been the best in the last couple of years but I think he will have his best season yet in the new offense. I will watch the Vikings game again tomorrow night (big surprise huh?) to see how Williamson does, last week he looked very poised and he was targeted the first five passes. I think this is his bounceback year. Another player I think will bounceback is Carnell Williams, with the recent additions to his offensive I think he is too good not to do be a top 15 RB. He also can be had later in drafts for a good value.

Recap:

Shaun Alexander
Jason Witten
Troy Williamson
Carnell Williams
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Yeah mysty, I like Caddy as well. With the addition of some good linemen, a new QB, and going into his 3rd year, I really like him this year.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:04 pm

Cadillac Deville ;D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Oops double post... :-o
Last edited by PMoneyTKE on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:06 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Yeah mysty, I like Caddy as well. With the addition of some good linemen, a new QB, and going into his 3rd year, I really like him this year.

Also, them putting Alstott on IR boosted him up a couple spots in my rankings ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk