The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Season Approaches - Who's Your Bounce Back Player in '07

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Alright, I'll give this a shot. :-D

At RB, I like Deshaun Foster. Too many people are or were on the Deangelo Williams bandwagon, and Foster is being drafted a couple rounds later than Williams in most league. I've always been of fan of Foster's talent, and the latest reports are that he is thriving under the new zone blocking scheme. Williams, on the other hand, has been on the shelve with some injury.
Honorable Mention: Chris Brown

Ben Roethlisberger is one QB should definitely bounce back after a lackluster season. This one is sort of a no-brainer to me. In 2006, he had one of the unluckiest seasons imaginable. First, there was the motorcycle accident incident which made him miss a ton of time. And don't forget about the freaky appedectomy he had to go through during midseason. With a clean slate and Santonio Holmes primed to breakout, I expect a very nice year from Big Ben.
Honorable Mention: Rex Grossman

While this one isn't a big shocker, Randy Moss has got to bounce back from his days with the Raiders. He's gone from the worst team in the league to arguably the best team in the league. We all know how talented this guy is. Whether or not he keeps his attitude in check will determine just how much he does bounce back. But its safe to say that the switch from Oakland to New England is a very positive one.
Honorable Mention: Santana Moss

An earlier post named Jason Witten as a bounce back TE. I agree with this call. Witten is probably Romo's second favorite target in the passing game (behind TO). Last season, his TDs took a big dip, but remember that statuesque Drew Bledsoe started six of those games. Witten is a big part of the Dallas passing game, as Romo often looks his way. Its a pretty safe bet to say that his TD totals from last year can only increase.
Honorable Mention: Ben Troupe

Recap: Deshaun Foster, Chris Brown, Ben Roethlisberger, Rex Grossman, Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Jason Witten, and Ben Troupe. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm

mattfenn wrote:Anyone think David Carr will have an impact in Carolina? He seems a guy who could be vastly improved now that he's out of Houston.

I don't, because Jake Delhomme is my pick for Bounce Back Player of '07.
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 pm

I'm with the last guy, Delhomme is primed for a bounce back year ;-D

new OC, new scheme, steve smith, 2 pronged attack at RB, and a healthy O-line. I like his chances.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:56 pm

People I look to have bounce back seasons include:
Moderate risk
Caddy-talk of involving him more in the passing game and probability that last year's TD drought was the exception not the rule.
Chambers-any QB stability will find Chambers putting up numbers befitting of his talents.
McNair-improved balance, better run game and growth of Clayton could help McNair be a viable FF QB once again.
High risk
Porter-sees writing on the wall (has someone read it to him), gets his head out of his attitude, improved coaching/QBing gives Porter life.
Jordan-needs health and sound QB play.
Roethlisberger-health and new scheme could lead to career best FF numbers

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mattfenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Re: Big Ben. I always worry about quarterbacks with a new coaching staff and system. I remember taking Kordell Stewart the year after his amazing season. I still get shivers and can't remember why taking him at #2 seemed like a good idea.
mattfenn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:29 am

mattfenn wrote:Re: Big Ben. I always worry about quarterbacks with a new coaching staff and system. I remember taking Kordell Stewart the year after his amazing season. I still get shivers and can't remember why taking him at #2 seemed like a good idea.

But Big Ben isn't coming off an amazing season. He's usually being drafted after Peyton, Bulger, Brees, Palmer, Brady, McNabb, Kitna, Romo, Hasselbeck, Young, Lienart, Cutler, Rivers, Eli, and sometimes Favre. Even if he busts, as the 16th or so QB taken off the board, its not going to kill any fantasy teams.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:00 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Not a bounceback, but Donald Driver will always be undervalued. His ADP is 47, while T.J. Houshmandzadehs is 35. That's a whole round lower for two guys that will almost certainly put up similar stats.

Well, except for the fact that Driver's health is in question...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:04 am

I think the reunion of Mike Sherman and Ahman Green in Houston could breathe some new life into old legs...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:28 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I think the reunion of Mike Sherman and Ahman Green in Houston could breathe some new life into old legs...

I doubt it. Unless Green takes back goal line duty from Dayne, doesn't get injured and Schaub starts playing decently it's not gonna happen.

I'm with whoever said Delhomme. I've been high on him for a while now. Last year was a down year for him. Smith was injured a bit at the start and then Delhomme got injured at the end. Carolina should be better this year, plus nothing really has changed for Delhomme. Smith is there which is all that really matters and Jarrett might make an impact later in the season. Should bounce back to 04/05 form.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:04 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I think the reunion of Mike Sherman and Ahman Green in Houston could breathe some new life into old legs...

I doubt it. Unless Green takes back goal line duty from Dayne, doesn't get injured and Schaub starts playing decently it's not gonna happen.

What's the knock on Schaub? Unless I am missing something, he's thrown all of 5 passes in the preseason, and he completed 3 of them...

Granted, you'll probably see Dayne at the goal line, but how often do we really expect to see Houston at the goal line? I think the advantage Green has is as a check-down guy - a la Dominick Davis... When Davis was healthy (which was rare) he was a beast... And he played behind a worse line than what Green has in front of him, now...

Sure... His health is the question, here, but I see the stat line for a healthy Ahman Green as:

1,200 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving, and 10 total TD's...

Those aren't ENORMOUS numbers, but he certainly has good value where he is being taken...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Football Talk