This could suck for Westbrook owners..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This could suck for Westbrook owners.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: This could suck for Westbrook owners.....

Postby pangbones » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 pm

The problem with Westbrook is he's a bigger injury risk than most other RB's you'd get at the same time in the draft. He's missed at least a game every year. I will say his production is certainly worth the risk of missing a game or 2!! He's an elite RB IMO, just can't take all the punishment.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shaba » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:20 am

Well I dont know if this is a sign for whats to come but here is what happened after last nites preseason game against the Panthers..

Eagles: Hunt finishes off two drives
The News
Eagles rookie running back Tony Hunt scored touchdowns of three and one yards out in Friday's preseason win over the Panthers. The first score came in the first quarter and at the end of a drive started by Brian Westbrook. The second score came in the second quarter and at the end of a drive started by Correll Buckhalter. Hunt received a carry from the two-yard line before notching his one-yard touchdown.
Our View
Are the Eagles prepared to give the rookie all the goal-line work? Judging by Friday night's action, it looks like Hunt could be a touchdown vulture this year. We'll be interested to see what Andy Reid has to say about this after the game.
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:16 am

so, hunt finished off drives...

seriously, westbrook typically is not the red zone scorer. look at the distances he scored his tds from. Fact of the matter is, you can have paralysis by analysis here. he's good, and he scores most of his when there is space.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:20 am

eaglesrule wrote:so, hunt finished off drives...

seriously, westbrook typically is not the red zone scorer. look at the distances he scored his tds from. Fact of the matter is, you can have paralysis by analysis here. he's good, and he scores most of his when there is space.

Exactly. I think we can all agree that its starting to look like Hunt will get a lot of goal-line carries. The argument lies in the fact that this shouldn't change anything as Westy doesn 't score a lot of goal-line TD's period. So if he doesn't usually then he won't lose them. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:45 am

The problem I have with Westbrook is that I think he doesn't have much more upside. With Hunt there, I don't see Westbrook matching his total TDs. He scored 4 times from rushes inside the 10. That's not going to happen this year with Hunt there. I can see him having about 8 total TDs. Can he improve on 700 yards receiving? Very unlikely. Are they going to give him the ball more than they did last year and is he going to average more than 5.1ypc, again I think that's unlikely. I see him as a solid scoring player but there are guys. I would put him on about 1,700 total yards and 8 scores. The fact that he's never played a whole year decreases his attractiveness as well. With a 1st rounder I'm looking for a guy who is solid to play a whole season or who has great upside. I feel like Westbrook hit his ceiling and he's an injury risk. That's why I don't want him at 7 or 8.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Armchair Quarterback » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:54 pm

What type of numbers do you guys see Hunt realistically finishing with at season's end...? :-?
Armchair Quarterback
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesfan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Armchair Quarterback wrote:What type of numbers do you guys see Hunt realistically finishing with at season's end...? :-?

4-8 Tds, and not many yards at all....at the most 400
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:12 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
Armchair Quarterback wrote:What type of numbers do you guys see Hunt realistically finishing with at season's end...? :-?

4-8 Tds, and not many yards at all....at the most 400

I agree. He'll just be a nuisance to Westbrook owners.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk