BB51's RB Rankings 2k7 (PPR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BB51's RB Rankings 2k7 (PPR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

BB51's RB Rankings 2k7 (PPR)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Hey guys, getting into the football swing very late this year. My league has pretty standard scoring except that we get .5 points per reception. I'm really unsure of how spot on these rankings are. There probably needs to be quite a few adjustments. I entered my projections into the footballguys excel program, and here's the list it spit out:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Larry Johnson
5. Brian Westbrook
6. Joseph Addai
7. Shaun Alexander
8. Travis Henry
9. Willie Parker
10. Reggie Bush
11. Laurence Maroney
12. Ronnie Brown
13. Rudi Johnson
14. Willis McGahee
15. Maurice Jones-Drew
16. Edgerrin James
17. Clinton Portis
18. Thomas Jones
19. Brandon Jacobs
20. Cedric Benson
21. Deuce McAllister
22. Marshawn Lynch
23. LaMont Jordan
24. Cadillac Williams
25. Ahman Green
26. LenDale White
27. Julius Jones
28. Marion Barber III
29. Brandon Jackson
30. Tatum Bell
31. Jamal Lewis
32. DeAngelo Williams
33. Warrick Dunn
34. Jerious Norwood
35. Fred Taylor
36. Chester Taylor
37. Kevin Jones
38. Adrian Peterson
39. Ladell Betts
40. DeShaun Foster

Ok, have at it. :-o
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BB51's RB Rankings 2k7 (PPR)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:33 pm

Some of the better rankings I've seen. I'd move Jordan down though and Norwood certainly shouldn't be below Dunn.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:24 am

Pretty good list. Here's a few noticeable tweaks I would make with it....

4. Larry Johnson - Worried about the holdout, the Chiefs line and offense, and the fact he touched the ball 800+ times over the last two seasons
7. Shaun Alexander - I'd drop him down below Parker and Bush in a PPR league. Alexander just doesn't catch many balls.
15. Maurice Jones-Drew - Bump him up in a PPR league. He can do it all and Jags have a great line and easy schedule. No other RB tore it up down the stretch (besides LT and SJax) like he did last season.
23. LaMont Jordan - Lamont Jordan over Marion Barber? Eek.
28. Marion Barber III - He'll have a bigger role in the offense. TDs will remain high but he will rack up better yardage numbers.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby spamnon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:08 am

wouldn't bush be a top 5 RB in a PPR league?
I love fantasy football, but I love fantasy life more...http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:37 pm

spamnon wrote:wouldn't bush be a top 5 RB in a PPR league?

That's what I was thinking. Excellent rankings, but I think I would have Bush in the top 5 in a PPR league.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby biju » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:04 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Pretty good list. Here's a few noticeable tweaks I would make with it....

4. Larry Johnson - Worried about the holdout, the Chiefs line and offense, and the fact he touched the ball 800+ times over the last two seasons
7. Shaun Alexander - I'd drop him down below Parker and Bush in a PPR league. Alexander just doesn't catch many balls.
15. Maurice Jones-Drew - Bump him up in a PPR league. He can do it all and Jags have a great line and easy schedule. No other RB tore it up down the stretch (besides LT and SJax) like he did last season.
23. LaMont Jordan - Lamont Jordan over Marion Barber? Eek.
28. Marion Barber III - He'll have a bigger role in the offense. TDs will remain high but he will rack up better yardage numbers.

I agree on the LJ and SA points. I'm not convinced that MJD should be bumped up as much as I think Ronnie Brown should be bumped down. Even though I think he's probably got the skills to be a top 10 RB, the truth is he's got one of the worst O-lines in the league to deal with. Maybe Cam Cameron can do something with them, but I would prefer to take a wait-and-see approach--might be be the "home run" strategy people use, but it's certainly not the "crash and burn" method either.

I disagree with Jordan and Barber however. I don't think Barber is going to see an increased role. As a matter of fact, I think he'll see a significant decrease. There's no way he reproduces the number of TDs he had last year, and I think with Julius Jones on a contract year the Cowboys might consider running him into the ground this year and saving Barber for next season.

LaMont Jordan, on the other hand, may actually have a little more offensive stability this year which will give him a chance to return back to form. It wasn't too long ago that people thought of him as a solid RB2 and he very well could return to form his season. I think he might be a late mid-round steal.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk