Tater Tot with KJ on PUP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tater Tot with KJ on PUP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tater Tot with KJ on PUP?

Postby BrewCrew6 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 pm

I moved him to #25 among RB.... I would rather have him than guys like Betts, Julius, AD (all guys I have in that general area)

What are the thoughts on him here? My league is a PPR league and rewards long TD's....
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tater Tot with KJ on PUP?

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:36 pm

What do you mean by Tater Tot??? Are you asking about KJ or this Tater Tot character?? :-?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrewCrew6 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Tatum Bell
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby benb18a » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 pm

I actually drafted him last night, based on the fact that everybody thinks KJ will be on the PUP to start the season. Then, four hours after taking him, I get this email from fantasyfootball.com newsletters:

"Kevin Jones To Be Ready by Week 1
Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz is expecting injured RB Kevin Jones to return by the start of the regular season. Jones is on the PUP list but does participate in team drills. Martz said Jones will have to earn his starting job back but he should be healthy enough to play in week 1. All this does is muddy the waters in the Detroit RB situation for us fantasy players. Just when it seemed like Tatum Bell was climbing the rankings, now Kevin Jones is good to go. I recommend drafting both of them or neither of them. If you draft just one of them, make sure you have plenty of other backs."

:~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t :~( :-t

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:17 pm

Here is the link to the article that was taken from.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 1126/rss14

The part of that interview they left out of the article was Martz also talking highly about Tatum Bell.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Martz's statements just yet. As of a week ago or so, KJ was only running routes in practice, with no hard cuts, and had not had any contact drills. That may have since changed, but I don't really think KJ will be ready 3 weeks from now.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 am

BrewCrew6 wrote:I moved him to #25 among RB.... I would rather have him than guys like Betts, Julius, AD (all guys I have in that general area)

What are the thoughts on him here? My league is a PPR league and rewards long TD's....

I love the thought of Bell rushing in a Martz system. But KJ could come back a take plays from him, and there simply will not be that many plays to be had in the first place. I much rather have Julie Jones over Tater Bell.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:56 am

I would much rather have guy that will FINISH strong than a guy who will START strong... Of the two backs in Detroit, I would rather have Kevin Jones... I think he is the more talented back, and I think he has more upside going into the fantasy playoffs... With that said, neither guy is better than a RB4, IMO...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:10 am

Tough situation. Whoever has the featured role should be decent...that is an explosive offense with the best offensive mind in the NFL (IMO) controlling it.

I agree with the advice that says have both guys or don't have either. Personally, I took KJ quite late as my #5 RB, but I'm not expecting much from him. I kinda figured he'd be out at least the first few weeks.I had him last year and he was a monster (especially in PPR leagues) until he got hurt.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:29 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I would much rather have guy that will FINISH strong than a guy who will START strong... Of the two backs in Detroit, I would rather have Kevin Jones... I think he is the more talented back, and I think he has more upside going into the fantasy playoffs... With that said, neither guy is better than a RB4, IMO...

I don't really know that there is enough statistical evidence available on KJ to determine that he is a strong finisher. He did great his rookie season in the second half, but has otherwise lost production to injuries.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FatFoot » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:49 am

I think that he's saying that he doesn't care if KJ is the guy in the beginning of the season, as long as he's going to be the guy at the end of the FF season. That he'd rather stash the starter for the second half of the season on his bench, than rely on having the guy who will start the first half of the season. If KJ isn't playing at first, but does win his job back, that's being the finisher. That's what I got out of it anyway...
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk