Tater Tot with KJ on PUP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tater Tot with KJ on PUP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tater Tot with KJ on PUP?

Postby ironman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am

Jones should be the guy here. He's got much better hands than Bell and will be more valuable as a passing target.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:53 am

FatFoot wrote:I think that he's saying that he doesn't care if KJ is the guy in the beginning of the season, as long as he's going to be the guy at the end of the FF season. That he'd rather stash the starter for the second half of the season on his bench, than rely on having the guy who will start the first half of the season. If KJ isn't playing at first, but does win his job back, that's being the finisher. That's what I got out of it anyway...

Right, but what I am saying is that KJ's history cannot rule out him tapering off when the play-offs get started. Not saying it's a lock, just saying that it should be considered when deciding between Tatum Bell, Julie Jones, or KJ etc.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lushmd » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:48 am

As a guy who made the mistake of drafting KJ way too early in a Cafe league (in my defense, we drafted early...), I'm not quite sure what to make of Martz's statement:

(1) It smacks of trying to publicly mollify KJ.
(2) Even if he's not on PUP, will he start/play early in the season? I mean for the past month all you hear from Martz is how much he loves Bell's speed etc... and how they'll bring KJ along slowly. Even now, Martz concedes that the starting job is open and not KJ's for the taking.
(3) KJ has injury issues as is. What's the logic in maybe having him start the season when he's not even participating in contact drills yet? Why not put him on PUP (thus relieving him of any pressure he feels from needing to return to action ASAP) and let him fully recover?
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:15 am

I think I'll just avoid them both entirely. Bell hasn't proven that he can carry the load for an entire season, and KJ is still a big question mark.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bigGAME101 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:38 am

I think that Jones may start the season on the PUP, meaning Tatum might find a couple of games with big statistical success. With that said, Tatum has hands of stone from everything I have seen. He dropped plenty of balls in Denver, and was never asked to run many routes either. KJ, on the other hand, has very good hands, and ran plenty of routes in the difficult Martz system last year. Obviously, if Tatum can find some reliable hands he will have success. KJ is by far the better pure running back, but in the Martz system that is not necessarily as important as recieving ability and break-away speed. When the offense is spread with 4 wideouts, Tatum should have lots of room to run, and if he can capitalize, it will be tough for KJ to reclaim his thrown. However, I just think KJ is better suited to the system, and more familiar - thus by the time Tatum has figured it all out, KJ should be back and ready to compete. Basically, it's a muddled and frustrating FF situation that I would steer clear from if I was drafting tomorrow.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk