Take Your Pick: Portis or McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Take Your Pick: Portis or McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Take Your Pick: Portis or McGahee

Postby Max Power » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:McGahee didn't prove in Buffalo that he could be an amazing back, and Baltimore' offense isn't a significant upgrade over Buffalo's.

He was amazing in 2004. 1300 total yards with 13 TDs to boot and he only started 11 games that year.
2005, JP Losman's rookie season, the entire offense was a trainwreck and it really hurted McGahee. Last year, the offense was pretty darn bad too. Baltimore's offense is a significant upgrade over Buffalo's. Baltimore had one of the top offense last season and have a decent line, solid QB, two solid WRs in Clayton and Mason, and a stud TE in Todd Heap. Plus, their top defense should give them a lot of short fields to work with. I don't have a problem with you saying you'll think Portis will do better, but I think the knocking of McGahee is unwarranted and possibly biased. :-b

Yeah I was just about to say the same thing...Baltimore has a lot more going then Buf has in the past few years...

Maybe Mcgahee will run harder late in games when his team isnt down by 30

Baltimore has a legit shot at winning the AFC this year
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:46 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:McGahee didn't prove in Buffalo that he could be an amazing back, and Baltimore' offense isn't a significant upgrade over Buffalo's.

He was amazing in 2004. 1300 total yards with 13 TDs to boot and he only started 11 games that year.
2005, JP Losman's rookie season, the entire offense was a trainwreck and it really hurted McGahee. Last year, the offense was pretty darn bad too. Baltimore's offense is a significant upgrade over Buffalo's. Baltimore had one of the top offense last season and have a decent line, solid QB, two solid WRs in Clayton and Mason, and a stud TE in Todd Heap. Plus, their top defense should give them a lot of short fields to work with. I don't have a problem with you saying you'll think Portis will do better, but I think the knocking of McGahee is unwarranted and possibly biased. :-b

Even that year, his YPC was only 4.0, and he has never had a YPC higher than that in one season. The last two years his YPC has been 3.8.

Still, I could be a little biased, I'll admit it. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby lebron23 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 am

McGahee is pretty talented, and with a real line in front of him this year he should produce. A shoddy Bills line and a developing J.P. Losman aren't exactly two ingredients to a RB's recipe for success.
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bravesfan42 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:33 am

I'll take my chances with Portis.
bravesfan42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lebron23 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:35 am

Then I suppose you'll be taking your chances with Betts 5 rounds later as well?
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:23 am

I've got McGahee higher than Portis. I like McGahee to surprise this season. He comes with his own injury risk but he's looked good in practice and all reports have been positive that I've seen. You guys have already pointed out the negatives for Portis although I agree that he could reward someone for taking a chance on him.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby spamnon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:28 am

mcgahee
I love fantasy football, but I love fantasy life more...http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk