Moderator: Football Moderators

Running Back Handcuff Chart

Postby The Lung » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:38 am

This may prove helpful.

From KFFL: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/98085/512
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Running Back Handcuff Chart

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 am

Some of these look to be off...

For instance:
Rudi's back-up is Q. Wilson, Lendale White looks to be the starter, Rhodes was brought in to be the starter/or the other half of a 1/2 punch. Fargas should not be on the list, and when did Baber III become the starter???
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biju » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 am

ssarmstro wrote:Some of these look to be off...

For instance:
Rudi's back-up is Q. Wilson, Lendale White looks to be the starter, Rhodes was brought in to be the starter/or the other half of a 1/2 punch. Fargas should not be on the list, and when did Baber III become the starter???

Actually I've read that Kenny Watson is Rudi's backup. A link proving otherwise would be great. You're right about LenDale however. The Rhodes situation is murky right now with him being suspended for the first 4 games, and Fargas is ok on the list because Michael Bush might be placed on IR this year.

I was going to say that while Marion Barber isn't the starter he's going higher than Julius Jones (I think this might actually be a big mistake), they then go and say Reggie Bush is Deuce McAllister's "handcuff". If so, then this is the first handcuff in the history of fantasy sports that you need to take before the person your handcuffing them to. :-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:52 am

Couple little things.

Probably right about White, I've heard he's gonna be the starter and Brown will probably be the #3 IMO. I've heard Dorsey hasn't been playing well and they should list another guy with him. Honestly I have no idea who the Colts RB3 is though :-? Hunt should be listed with Buckhalter. I would put Bell as the 1 in Detroit cause of KJs injury/uncertainty.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:26 am

[quote="biju"][quote="ssarmstro"]Some of these look to be off...

For instance:
Rudi's back-up is Q. Wilson, Lendale White looks to be the starter, Rhodes was brought in to be the starter/or the other half of a 1/2 punch. Fargas should not be on the list, and when did Baber III become the starter???[/quote]

Actually I've read that Kenny Watson is Rudi's backup. A link proving otherwise would be great. You're right about LenDale however. The Rhodes situation is murky right now with him being suspended for the first 4 games, and Fargas is ok on the list because Michael Bush might be placed on IR this year.

I was going to say that while Marion Barber isn't the starter he's going higher than Julius Jones (I think this might actually be a big mistake), they then go and say Reggie Bush is Deuce McAllister's "handcuff". If so, then this is the first handcuff in the history of fantasy sports that you need to take [i]before[/i] the person your handcuffing them to. :-t[/quote]

I got this from RotoWorld:

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Quincy Wilson has a better chance than Kenny Watson to see his role increase following Kenny Irons' injury.
Well that's a surprise. This is Wilson's third season with the Bengals and fourth in the league, but he has only has two career carries. This may indicate that Watson is locked into a third-down/special teams role and won't have quite the handcuff status we imagined.

Plus I have heard J. Jones has been getting goalline work in camp... What that means ?????

FYI: Colts # 3 back is Clifton Davis.
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:40 pm

ssarmstro wrote:FYI: Colts # 3 back is Clifton Davis.

Its actually Clifton Dawson, he and Kenton Keith are competing with Dorsey for the #2 spot.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:26 pm

Looks like they updated it.

Here: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/74094/500
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby 011472 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Has there been any indication given on who is the #2 back in San Francisco? I wouldn't mind picking up a handcuff for Gore, but i get the feeling it would be a committee if Gore goes down.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:34 pm

biju wrote:
ssarmstro wrote:Some of these look to be off...

For instance:
Rudi's back-up is Q. Wilson

Actually I've read that Kenny Watson is Rudi's backup. A link proving otherwise would be great.

In my opinion, ssarmstro is right....I know Kenny Watson will get the scraps that don't go to Rudi for the time being, but if for some reason Rudi were unable to play, I think Wilson would start and Watson's role would remain unchanged....Quincy is a Rudi clone and can get the tough yards whereas Watson is game for a draw up the middle here and there but he really needs space (3rd down) to be effective...Also, Chris Perry's chances of returning seem to be getting better....There is a chance he could be healthy for Week 1....But don't bank on it...

Rudi is a machine though, his handcuff would just waste a roster spot unless it's an extremely deep league....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:45 pm

On the Tennessee situation, I saw a headline (didn't click the link) that it was going to be RBBC with Lendale and Chris Brown.

In Tampa, don't be surprised to see Ken Darby take a bunch of carries if Caddy should go down.

Also, this chart doesn't address the fact that it usually doesn't make sense to handcuff. While there are generally clear #2 RBs on every team, I would anticipate RBBC to be the solution if the primary RB gets hurt for most of the teams in the NFL. It's just too hard for these teams to find and hold a backup that has all the skills necessary to fill the role of the #1 RB. Add that to teams placing more reliance on the passing game in case of emergency, and there are very few situations where the #2 RB can be reasonably expected to pick up all or most of the slack if the #1 guy goes down.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk