Money leagues for the rest of us (US) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Money leagues for the rest of us (US)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Money leagues for the rest of us (US)

Postby theswede » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:06 am

I'm from Sweden and would like to compete for cash prizes. However it is clearly stated that one must live in the States (and not even all of them) to enter money leagues - at least at the sites that I have visited. So my question is: How do Europeans (and the rest of the world as well as US residents of the remaining states) enter leagues of this sort? Is there perhaps a (serious) site that accept us? If not, are there normal (no-money) leagues where you pay the league moderator who then handles the payout (unofficialy)?

I tried posting in the beginner's forum first but as it turns out, I was practicly the only one in there. Aparently, most FF players are experts :-)

Thanks!
theswede
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Money leagues for the rest of us (US)

Postby Argo71 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:58 pm

I faced the same problem, being a Canadian. I actually played last year not knowing this. Luckily I didn't win. To avoid this I started my own through CBS with the free league. The people who joined will with give me the money, send a cheque, or through paypal. It's only $20 and some of us are friends and family, but some live in other parts of Canada and the U.S. It's 100% secure as most of us just want someting to play for. You'll receive my personal info for security. Email me at mailto:mrconduct@hotmail.com if you want me to send you an invite...then let me know if you're in.

Thanks
Argo71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby theswede » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Sound really good - the main reason I want to compete for money is for insurance that the other league members are active. However, since a season is pretty long, I would prefer if the stakes where just a little bit higher. So if anybody out there has room for one more player (note that this is my first FF season and I barely know anything about american football) please let me know! If not, I hope the offer stands a couple of days Argo?

Hope to here from You soon!
theswede
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Argo71 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:19 pm

No problem...let me know when you decide...we have 4 spots open and hopefully we'll have a spot open for you when you want in.
Argo71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tpflanz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Hey! I have a few leagues with openings. In my leagues we already have members from all around the world. Check them out if you're interested.

http://forums.kansascityfantasy.com/ind ... opic=225.0
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Classifieds