QB Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

QB Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB Scoring

Postby FLGator » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:01 pm

My league has had a pass TD worth 6 points every year. Every Year I try to change it to 4 and it gets vetoed. I thought this year with Yahoo making it a default setting we could finally have them count as 4. No go, now the league wants to know why I want to change it. It makes the most sense and is most fair.

How do I explain this to get it approved? It bugs me that they think it is fair for all TD's to count 6.
Go Gators!!
FLGator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: QB Scoring

Postby aqua » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:12 pm

Well, if TDs are worth 6 then passing yard requirements should be higher for QBs. I think the argument with all this is to make fantasy football less pure dumb luck as to who gets a TD and more on actual performance - which is best measured in yards. Reducing the TD value for a QB and making the yards required for a point either 20 or 25 still makes them valuable - also, with TDs being 6 points, INTS are often -2 and when you move to 4 points for a TD, the INT may be -1.

Yardage is what is king in real football stats, not TDs - so why shouldn't fantasy football reflect that? And reducing passing TD value just keeps the value for the QB in line.

Still, you could do 6 points for a passing TD but you asked me to argue against it.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aman74 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 pm

I see no problem with TD's at 6 points with toned down yardage.

TD's are 6 in the NFL, it would be odd to have it at 4.

The thing about the TD's at 4 points is that people say it's for balance, which I'm all for. However, they don't seem to realise that it's all relative to position and most leagues have 10-12 teams and only start one QB, so I fail to see the problem with QB's getting more points.

QB's are already devalued so much with RB's being at a premium and having to start 2. Why not let someone have a choice in the draft to go after Manning and sacrifice the quality of there backs a bit and have it still be a worthwhile strategy.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kinghill » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:14 am

aman74 wrote:I see no problem with TD's at 6 points with toned down yardage.

TD's are 6 in the NFL, it would be odd to have it at 4.

The thing about the TD's at 4 points is that people say it's for balance, which I'm all for. However, they don't seem to realise that it's all relative to position and most leagues have 10-12 teams and only start one QB, so I fail to see the problem with QB's getting more points.

QB's are already devalued so much with RB's being at a premium and having to start 2. Why not let someone have a choice in the draft to go after Manning and sacrifice the quality of there backs a bit and have it still be a worthwhile strategy.

I agree 100%.
kinghill
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jebatzel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:52 pm

I used this for my league last year

Completions (.25)
Passing Yards (50 yards per point; 3 points at 250 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)

not sure how balanced it is though
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner