Draft Strategy Question.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft Strategy Question....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Strategy Question....

Postby Broncaholic » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm playing in a league with these starting requirements: 2QB 3RB 3WR 1WR/RB TE K DEF. (10 Teams)

Should I draft all running backs the first three rounds or the just the best available player?

Thanks
Broncaholic
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Strategy Question....

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:48 pm

I would think you need a QB in the first 3 rounds since you start 2. I would probably take 2 RB's and a QB.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:47 am

I would stick with whatever your "normal" strategy is. The added flex makes RB more important so I'd be looking to get at least 2 RB in the first 3 and to get 6 WR/RB by the end of the 6th. Yes you start 2 QBs but it's a 10 teamer and you can easily grab a 8 or 9 QB later in the draft.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:21 pm

The thing to keep in mind when you're dealing with a 2 QB league is that the normal rules of "scarcity" are changed from normal 1 QB leagues. Since there are only ever 32 starting QBs in the NFL, there are certainly a limited amount of those QBs who can actually be good for you to have on a weekly basis. A 10 team league makes it a little easier to grab a couple QBs in the mid rounds but you'll still want to be looking QB a little earlier just because QBs tend to fly off the board quicker when you have a draft like this. With the possibility of starting 4 RBs, I would probably look to grab at least 3 RBs in the first 5 rounds (at the very very least) and possibly a QB if one is available who is a decent grab there and 1 WR. I'd probably still start out RB/RB but then I'd be looking for best available RB/WR/QB with your next pick depending on what's available.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk