Penny ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Penny ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Penny ???

Postby gang green51 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 am

I had to work so I didn't get to see tonight's game against the Vikes, but from what I read so far it wasn't pretty.
link-----http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ ... =270817020

I know it's only preseason, but Mangini has to be concerned about Pennington's performance.
Anybody see the game? Was he as bad as what I'm reading. ( dunk-dink-floater ):-t
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Penny ???

Postby gang green51 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:45 am

I saw the highlights. WTF? I hope it's just preseason rust, or maybe it's just a Mangini smoke screen. Show defenses nothing. Especially to Belly. Let them feel overconfident, and then when the season starts----- WE UNLEASH HELL!!!!! ;-D
GO JETS!!!!!
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:50 pm

I thought they played sloppy.

Pennington obviously threw two picks that he wish he had back. Starting O-line did pass protect very well either. The bright spots were Leon Washington who ran the ball well, Clemens looked good again and Justin McCareins played well also.

I think this weeks game against the Giants will be different and I wouldn't be that concerned with performance against the vikes.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gang green51 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:57 am

killiansjmd wrote:I thought they played sloppy.

Pennington obviously threw two picks that he wish he had back. Starting O-line did pass protect very well either. The bright spots were Leon Washington who ran the ball well, Clemens looked good again and Justin McCareins played well also.

I think this weeks game against the Giants will be different and I wouldn't be that concerned with performance against the vikes.

Yeah, after watching the highlights, I was almost glad I had to work .
It was also Pennington's first game of actually throwing the ball, so I guess he gets a pass. I still can't understand why he didn't try at least a couple of quick short passes in the first preseason game, just to shake off some rust. :-S
I agree, the Giant game we should see an improvement. If Jones plays, that should also help Penny's performance.
Go Jets!
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 am

I don't think we will see Thomas Jones again until the season opener. They will let his rest it and get 100%.

I can't wait to see Revis play. Mangini said the starter will got three quarters this week.
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gang green51 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:12 am

As long as Jones is 100% and ready to bust through the Patsies, that's what matters to me.

I can't wait to see Revis play. Mangini said the starter will got three quarters this week.[/quote]

You and me both brother. Everybody's talking highly of this kid . Even the non Jet fans.
Can't wait for the season to start.
New hot cheerleaders!! It's great to be a Jets fan!

Go Jets!
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:02 pm

I have to admit I'm a little nervous going into the season now following the Giant game. I thought the first team offense and defense were pushed around by the Giants. I hope that Kendell trade doesn't come back to bite us.

On a positive note Revis I thought played pretty good for his first game and this kid out of Georgie is the running the ball really well.

Eagles up next Thursday night but the starters will barely play.
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to New York Jets