How the Browns look so far for real Browns Fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

How the Browns look so far for real Browns Fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

How the Browns look so far for real Browns Fans

Postby carrbomb » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:54 am

Me being a die hard browns fan for as long as I can remember I can't help but to try and be optimistic on the up coming season. But with that said I'm also not stupid and thing the Browns have a chance at making the Playoffs let alone the Super Bowl ( ahh a man can dream). I do believe the Browns are going to have a hard time making it to 6-10 this year though, but they have a lot more promise than they did at this time last year. The offense looked better last week, and you throw out two bone head plays by Charlie Frye and he looked really good (yet the bone head plays still plague him from last year). After watching that game though I would much rather be a Browns fan than a Chiefs fan. With out LJ there offense is garbage, and that's being nice. The defense look pretty good but I put that more on KC's bad offense more than a good brows d. I've been higher on the browns defense the past few years but I don't feel to good about them this year. There d-line has been bad in years past and it hasn't gotten any better. I think they have a good LB corp and there secondary is pretty good but we don't have any depth. I hope Baxter can make it back and be as productive as he is capable of because then we would at least have 3 good corner. I like the play of Wright and he looked like a good guy to jump up and grab in the second. The safety position for this D is up there with any other pair in the league and I don't care what anyone says. They just don't get the respect they deserve because their on a lossing team and it was a crime that Sean Jones did not make the Pro Bowl last year. I'm looking forward to seeing Quinn tonight and hope the Browns don't rush him into starting like they did Couch. The QB sitiuation is better now though than what is was then. But not much. And my final thoughts are I believe the Browns are in for another lossing season but I hope they do not make many if any staff changes. I don't know if Romeo is the answer and if he goes I won't be heart broken but the guy had to come in here and totally rebuild this team that was totally destroyed by Butch Davis(he may be able to find talent for college ball but he sure can't find a sure thing in the NFL if his life depended on it, he alone set the Browns back 3 years and that's why I don't believe any staff changes should be made.) No for Phil Savage if they would get rid of him I think it would be a huge mistake, the man has done nothing but try and bring in the best players possible to turn this team around. Every year he has brought in atleast one top notch free agent and has always done his best to get the draft picks in on time. He should not be punished if the coaching staff can't get the team winning and you can blame either with the horrible luck they have had with injuries all across the board.
carrbomb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns