Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos Preseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos Preseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos Preseason

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Well, I have to get up for work in about 4 hours, so I will keep it short, but WOW, just WOW!!!

Nothing more I could want from the Cowboys offense whatsoever. It's running like a well-oiled machine on both first and second string. Anyway, I will post more of my thoughts tomorrow. Just wanted to see who else is watching it and what there thoughts on it were.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos Preseason

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:50 pm

well ... it will be on TV tonight around 4:00am, so I'll TiVo it and give you my thoughts tomorrow.

From the box score though, it looks like The running game is clicking. Tyson Thompson #'s look really good.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Owens for MVP! :-D

Sadly, I didn't get the game up here.

Barber put in 2 TDs...nice. JJ, MB3, and Thompson all have big numbers. ;-D

But...

Romo threw a pick. :,-( :~(
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:08 pm

I was at work, but heard updates while listening to the Packers/Hawks game. Sounds like our starters owned last night ;-D

I wouldn't worry about the INT; Bly is going to get plenty this season as he will get picked on due to Bailey shutting down his half of the field. Romo is still 21-29 for the preseason.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:03 pm

OK, I said I would get my thoughts down and I am late so here goes.

First String offense looked.... well..... pretty much exceptional. Pass protection was good enough. Glenn didn't play, so the WR's were TO, Crayton and Sam Hurd for the most part. Romo did a great job of spreading the ball around to all his receivers. Crayton and Hurd both looked great. I would go as far as saying that the Cowboys probably have the deepest WR corp in the league. Very close to it at least. Just really solid all the way around. It's good enough that we could lose TO or Glenn either one and I still think that it owuldn't kill our offense. The RB situation was same as usual. Great for Cowboys, awful for fantasy. :-b
On the first scoring drive it was mostly Jones with 5 rushes and Barber had 1 until they brought Barber in for two rushes insice the 4 yard line to punch it in.
The next drive was good to see. 2 plays long. They had the ball at the Denver 7 and they left Jones in for two plays and he punched it in from close.

So its gonna be pretty close and at times it looked like they were going alternating drives with the two and then next thing you know they are alternating them nearly every other play.

Anyway, the defense looked great as well. coverage downfield looked good. Big hits all over the place. From CB to LB to S one thing we don't have to worry about is not putting the hurt on people. }:-)

Anthony Spencer put in his second solid effort in the place of injured Greg Ellis. His stat lines don't look that great, but he got a lot of pressure on the QB and looked pretty good in coverage as well. On two consecutive plays he was downfield defending a pass (he tipped it up and it was caught for a TD, but he was in the right spot, just bad technique) and on the play before he had been a split second from sacking the QB. He seems to be a good fit there.

Those of you that are Cowboys faithfuls know the name of Isaiah Stanback and all of the hype around him after the draft. He got his first minutes yesterday after coming off an injury. He had a TD catch that was nice over the head catch with three defenders on him. He had one more catch as well. I am looking forward to seeing if he stays on the team.

And finally, while I hope we NEVER have to see Brad Johnson on the field this season, he did look good. Really good actually. I am glad we have him as our backup. Anyway, this is what I saw out of the game. All in all, its everything I wanted to see in a preseason game.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:03 pm

Dang, I didn't know I typed that much. I think that's the longest post of mine at the Cafe and its actually about football. :-* :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:45 pm

Ya, the INT wasn't "really" Romo's fault. He was throwing it to Hurd (I believe - or Austin) and when the WR went to cut, he slipped on the turf. The WR and Bly both went for the ball - bly was in better position - and the WR did nothing to try and break up the play.

For the most part, I personally wasn't impressed w/ Austin or Hurd - they both had a few horrible plays each. Crayton performed very well - w/ the exception of a muffed PR catch - but he got it back.

There were two things though that I really enjoyed seeing.

1) The DEF was attacking - pass rushing - and it was working. Cutler constantly had pressure.

2) Curtis, DAL 3rd string TE. For the second straight game, this guy has looked sharp. I really hope he makes the team, cuz he could do some damage.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting