BIG TRADE HELP NEEDED!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BIG TRADE HELP NEEDED!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

BIG TRADE HELP NEEDED!!!

Postby Fan66 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:07 pm

I was 1st pick overall in a 12 owner league starting 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k,1d.

My team

Starting:
Faulk, Dillon, Gannon, Kev Johnson, Coles, Shockey, Nedney, Chargers.

Bench:
T. Green, Brees, O. Gary, P. Price, Rod Garner & Derrius Thompson

I have a huge weakness at WR. What do you fellas think about trading Faulk for a top wr & a RB.

Possible Trades:

Faulk for

Harrison- McAllister
Owens- James
Owen- Talyor
Boston- Bennet
Moss- Bennet

I'm pretty new at this and in a serious league. All help is much appreciated. Thanks
Fan66

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:29 pm

I wouldn't trade Faulk for anyone!!!! He can help make up some of those lost points....If you really want to trade someone off, try Shockey or look on waivers for another WR...But don't get rid of Faulk!!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby fan66 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:54 pm

but if faulk goes down, I'm sunk. I figure trade him for 2 solid players and fill my need at WR in the process
fan66

Postby TPS123 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:06 am

I WOULD NEVER TRADE FAULK..... 20TD's 2000 YARDS. Pick up Trung Candidate off the waiver wire for insurance.
TPS123

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:35 am

Yeah don't trade him.... You'll lose your league if you do. Especially if you're looking to trade him for another player and James or Bennet? You have to be kidding. Youshould be able to get Harrison and a start quarterback for Faulk. It's very likely James won't do a thing this year. he doesn't even want to play in preseason. he'll do very little starting off the year and he may pick it up by the end but Faulk will be solid all year long. Plus you have Dillon for insurance and that is a great idea to pick up Candidate for added insurance. Wait till the year starts and do a good job on waivers. WR is a very deep position plus you might want to put Peerless Price in your stating lineup sometime soon. This could be a breakout year for him.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:29 am

I like the Faulk for Harrison and McCallister trade. I had Harrison last year and he was money. He had a couple games with 3td's 100 plus yards and was consistent throughout the year. Owens and Moss are head cases and could easily cost you points by suspensions, playing when they fell like it etc. McCallister has alot of upside. He has great hands and is as durable as Faulk. Think of it this way. If Faulk goes down you are screwed. If McCallister goes down yeah your RB position gets thin but at least you have Harrison to pick up the slack. Kevin Johnson is good but Coles isn't going to get the job done. Harrison, Johnson at WR and Dillon and McCallister is a pretty good nucleus. DON'T MESS WITH BENNETT OR TAYLOR!!!!!

Good Luck! ;-D

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:56 pm

first off you dont have any elite WR but no one in your league can touch your RB the weakness is roughly equal and the edge always goes to RB because its harder to run for 100 yrds then to catch for it

if you do a trade i suggest a QB/WR = WR trade you have 3 QB someone needs a backup so give them one

try a Trent Green & Rod Gardner for a 2nd tier reciever like horn, holt, or even j morton hell anyone that you know will produce a 1100 yrd and 6 TD season just for stability. this kind of trade will leave you with the best RB tandem, a good starting QB, and a solid set of recievers which youll be able to play by committee based of schedule
DONT TRADE FAULK- especially in a 12 man league
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Trade Faulk???

Postby West » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:07 pm

The trading of Faulk could be your winning move or your first step toward the basement. Most owners say, keep him. But if you do trade the stud for two great players it could go your way. If you make the move it's Faulk for McAllister&Harrison. Then the argument becomes Faulk health v. McAllister's expectations. Stay away from James. I believe he's done. The choose is yours my friend. Choose wisely.
West

Postby trade faulk?? » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:00 pm

I think you should keep him. WR can be fill w/ careful w1 waiver review.
trade faulk??

Postby sharkbiter » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:37 am

The only WR set worthy of a faulk trade is the Harrison/Moss duo.
Hold on to you RB core. THEY WILL CARRY YOU. There are so many WR's out there. Antonio Freeman will put up some big numbers this year. If available also check out Willie Jackson, Johnie Morton, and Derrick Alexander. Donte' Stallworth is another good sleeper. what ever happens, don't sell your RB Core out. If your still nervous about an injury to Marshall, Pick up trung Canidate. Last year when Faulk was out, he scored around 30 pts per game. so i guess what im trying to say is, DO NOT TRADE MARSHALL FAULK
sharkbiter
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk