need advice expnding keeper lg frm 14 to 16 tms. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

need advice expnding keeper lg frm 14 to 16 tms.

Moderator: Football Moderators

need advice expnding keeper lg frm 14 to 16 tms.

Postby whoflungdoo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 pm

We carry over 5 players. My plan is to have 3 "untouchables" on each team. The 2 expansion teams will each pick 3 players from reamining 28 players (2x14) on other teams and those unprotected (no rookies). They will then take the 1st 2 picks of the draft. Remaining owners will then follow and any owners losing players in the expansion draft will get extra pick(s) at the end of the 1st round followed by the new teams each with 1. New owners start off the 2nd rd with 2 picks each. By the end of the 2nd rd, everybody has 7 players each. New owners start off each additional round's picks. I originally wanted to give the newbies all their picks at the beginning of the draft but, as you can imagine, heard alot of whining from the other owners. I want the new teams to be competitive, not just throwing away the 1st season. Any thoughts?
whoflungdoo
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: need advice expnding keeper lg frm 14 to 16 tms.

Postby Peacesells » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:06 am

Seems ok although I'd do it a little different.

I'd have all the owners pull 1 player off the table and rank the rest of their keepers 2 - 5.

Then have a mini-draft with the 2 new teams. Their 1st picks are selected from players ranked #2, their 2nd pick from players ranked #3, their 3rd picks from players ranked #4 and their 4th picks from players ranked #5.

Then do a normal draft with the new teams picking first in every round. The new teams will also get 1 additional pick at the end of the 5th round.

The teams that lost players get a supplemental pick in the end of the round that player was ranked at. (ie a team who loses a #2 ranked player gets an additional pick in round 2.)

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner