Donavon McNabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donavon McNabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Donavon McNabb

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 pm

He put up more points per game than even Manning last year. Considering you can get him in Round 5 as opposed to Manning's ADP of late round 1 or early round 2, McNabb is a huge steal. Of course there's the injury problem, but if you can land a decent backup then you're good to go. I got McNabb at 5.02 and Romo in the 9th I think, so I'm happy with my QB situation.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chidoy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 pm

I think he's got something to "prove" in terms of staying healthy. And when healthy, he's easily a top 3 QB. I think last year was a "freak" accident... I mean comon, he just slipped on the sidelines. I know that doesn't mean nething about him staying healthy but as stated, he was on pace for an MVP like year.

Good luck!
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:12 pm

I think McNabb is just a really unlucky guy rather than injury prone. Broken ankles, sports hernias, and torn acls are not injuries that are typically recurring. He's a tough guy that will easily play through nicks and dings but has had 3 unrelated season ending injuries.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 pm

From: http://www.fanballnews.com/article.php?article_id=12277

Fantasy Football Impact Report: Donovan McNabb

Erik Brandstetter
July 10, 2008

How many games with Donovan McNabb play this year?

Donovan McNabb has to be one of the more frustrating players in all of fantasy football. On the one hand, he's capable of putting up sick digits any time he takes the field. On the other, in his entire nine-year career, he's only been able to complete a full regular season three times. McNabb has endured probably more criticism than he deserves over his career, but Eagles fans and fantasy owners alike have to be nervous every time he takes the field that he'll tear, break, or sprain something. Simply put, McNabb is a talented QB with a scary injury history. He's been a dual-threat for most of his career as a passer and a scrambler. He has definitely lost a step on the ground (failed to score a rushing touchdown for the first time since his rookie season last year), but he can still lob the ball as well as anyone. He has struggled with consistency in the past, but, in fairness, he has only once had a true number one wide receiver in 2004 when Terrell Owens was with the Eagles.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:41 pm

his skill set is pretty sweet. absoloutely terrible on close passes, bad on passes to the rb (which would be silly, considering how westbrook is awesome, but its true), he simply is not a touch passer, and I defended him developing into such. That said, he has a major, major gun. He can buy time with his legs, even though now he knows to scramble for the bomb rather than run for it. He can pocket pass, he is just an average example of it. BUT ... he is an average pocket passer, he is an above average scrambler, he has a great understanding of reid's system, he can bomb it like no one's business. He is also in a situation, that if the birds don't do it this year, it ain't gonna be reid, it's gonna be him and dawkins who eat it (crappy as that may be). You can bet that Kolb is going to get options. And this is relevant because I believe, health discontinued, mcnabb should be a quality qb until he is 35 or so. So I think he could be an abject steal. What people don't know, is yea, he was a monster with TO, an absolute crusher. But stupid freaking curtis was the best non TO receiver that the team has had in his tenure. that's absurd, considering that non-TO years were years in which the consensus was to pick him. He's like a bastard cross of vick and brees. You can't pick him high at this point. You can't. But, if you get him, and get some kind of decent back up, you coul absoloutely cream if mcnabb is mcnabb. I think at this point, peyton, brady, romo, brees, carson, etc., should all by rights go before him. But, I also think mcnabb could be the steal of the draft, provided he is healthy this year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:04 pm

eaglesrule wrote:his skill set is pretty sweet. absoloutely terrible on close passes, bad on passes to the rb (which would be silly, considering how westbrook is awesome, but its true), he simply is not a touch passer, and I defended him developing into such. That said, he has a major, major gun. He can buy time with his legs, even though now he knows to scramble for the bomb rather than run for it. He can pocket pass, he is just an average example of it. BUT ... he is an average pocket passer, he is an above average scrambler, he has a great understanding of reid's system, he can bomb it like no one's business. He is also in a situation, that if the birds don't do it this year, it ain't gonna be reid, it's gonna be him and dawkins who eat it (crappy as that may be). You can bet that Kolb is going to get options. And this is relevant because I believe, health discontinued, mcnabb should be a quality qb until he is 35 or so. So I think he could be an abject steal. What people don't know, is yea, he was a monster with TO, an absolute crusher. But stupid freaking curtis was the best non TO receiver that the team has had in his tenure. that's absurd, considering that non-TO years were years in which the consensus was to pick him. He's like a bastard cross of vick and brees. You can't pick him high at this point. You can't. But, if you get him, and get some kind of decent back up, you coul absoloutely cream if mcnabb is mcnabb. I think at this point, peyton, brady, romo, brees, carson, etc., should all by rights go before him. But, I also think mcnabb could be the steal of the draft, provided he is healthy this year.

I will be targetting McNabb if he slips to round 6 or 7. I think I will follow that pick up probably with another qb almost immediately. Someone in the Eli Manning, Roethlisberger mold who I know is gonna pass the ball and be fairly consistent in yardage.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby fx495232 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:52 am

I highly doubt that you will be able to get Big Ben after McNabb. Roth goes before McNabb in almost every draft I have seen. That said, I think McNabb could be in for a pretty good season (top 10 QB). I just hope the Eagles are still working behind the scenes to get Roy, Chad, or Anquan, as were the rumors a few weeks ago.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wenchtamer » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:05 am

Yeah, Roethlisberger will for sure be taken ahead of McNabb. And if you take McNabb with Roethlis still on the board, shame on you :-?

I'm expecting Donovan to have the same kind of year as last year. Around #7-#8 overall QB with one or two huge games and one or two poor ones. I just hope I dont bench him the week he goes off like I did last year :-o

As a McNabb owner, I'd love to see the Eagles land one of those big name guys or be traded to a team with better receivers after this season.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby 011472 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:40 am

I don't think he's planning on getting Ben after McNabb; just someone "in that mold"- a player who he can hope for consistant yardage from.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Posted on Mon, Jul. 14, 2008
McNabb says shoulder is fine
By Bob Brookover
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Donovan McNabb said in his most recent blog on yardbarker.com that his "shoulder is fine" and he's been working out in Phoenix with teammate Brian Dawkins in preparation for the start of training camp.

The Eagles quarterback and some of his teammates, including all rookies, are scheduled to report to Lehigh University a week from today. The first workout will take place a week from tomorrow with the remaining veterans reporting July 24.

McNabb, after providing an encouraging address on the state of Philadelphia sports, said he was working out in Arizona with Dawkins and will be joined by some of his receivers this week.

"I'm feeling great, the shoulder is fine and I can't wait to get started this season," McNabb said.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking ... _fine.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk