Clean FFL Website for kids? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Clean FFL Website for kids?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Clean FFL Website for kids?

Postby mjfhokie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:53 pm

I am looking to set up a league for my 11 year old son and his friends to play FF. They are very interested but I have several parents (including myself) concerned about the websites and related links. I have played Yahoo, CBS, and ESPN in the past and they all have frequent instances of PG-13 advertising (gambling sites, personals, beer, not to mention Hardee's). Ideally there would be a free site without ads, but I would be willing to investigate a pay site if it eliminated the questionable links.

BTW, my son has tried SI Kids league in the past, but would like a real league with trades, rosters, etc instead of the salary based games they have.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. A concerned Dad and Commish.
mjfhokie
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Clean FFL Website for kids?

Postby Decleater » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Only thing I would suggest is paying for something like cbssportsline or the like and "moderating" it yourself. If you wanna free site with all the extra "baggage" then this aint something for him if that's what you're worried about. It's fantasy football, there's gonna be smacktalkin abound in forums. Some are good, some are not so good. It's up to the mods on the forums to limit the "smack" out there. I know this place isn't bad at all in regards to that. Too bad they don't have a fantasy league to join in here though.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Popcynical » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:44 am

Get Firefox. Get Adblock. Get this Adblock Filter Updater. Say goodbye to ads.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 am

Unless you pay for the site, like myfantasyleague.com or any of the others, you're going to get ads and you'll have no control over it. That's why they're free, because of the ads and if anyone is willing to pay, anyone can put whatever they want there(with a few restrictions).
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 pm

It's tough to do for free. As was previously suggested, firefox works very well (in my experience) getting rid of ads, so you can try to give that a shot.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pats4four » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Fleaflicker.com is a good site to try. It's free and there aren't that many adverts etc.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum