Brett Favre........this year's Drew Brees??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brett Favre........this year's Drew Brees???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brett Favre........this year's Drew Brees???

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:59 pm

FatFoot wrote:Status is unknown, but if Vasher, Briggs, or Harris are out for an extended period, the Pack just became the class of the NFC North, and honestly, the way they're playing right now, I think they may be the best team in the NFC. It's gotta be between them, the Cowboys, and the Eagles IF McNabb is returning to form (it WAS the Lions, after all)

But if you cripple the Chicago D, you're talking about a veeeeeeeeery different team than when this thread was started, and you'd surely be correct in thinking the Pack will be on top by the end of the year.

Would you be mad at me if I though the Pack could still take the Bears even if their defense was 100%? :-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I wouldn't be the one who would be termed "mad." :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Popcynical wrote:
FatFoot wrote:Status is unknown, but if Vasher, Briggs, or Harris are out for an extended period, the Pack just became the class of the NFC North, and honestly, the way they're playing right now, I think they may be the best team in the NFC. It's gotta be between them, the Cowboys, and the Eagles IF McNabb is returning to form (it WAS the Lions, after all)

But if you cripple the Chicago D, you're talking about a veeeeeeeeery different team than when this thread was started, and you'd surely be correct in thinking the Pack will be on top by the end of the year.

Would you be mad at me if I though the Pack could still take the Bears even if their defense was 100%? :-D

I just started watching football again this year after not watching for about 7 years and there is just no matter how awesome the Bears defense is that they would be the best team in that division with Grossman and Benson as the key to their offense.
Yoda
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

Popcynical wrote:I remember this thread!

:-b
Haha this is an awesome thread and it's coming true! ;-D :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:08 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Popcynical wrote:I remember this thread!

Haha this is an awesome thread and it's coming true! ;-D :-b

yes, and even though it is old, I have to respond to the pack wrs thing. Driver is not a no.2. Hes a no. 1 and definitely a top 10 WR in the NFL. The guy gets doubled or tripled every game last year and he puts up the numbers and makes big plays in critical down and distance situations. Yes, Favre only looks for him on some plays, but even though he gets targeted a lot, he still comes up with a very good amount of the balls that are thrown at him. 1200+ yards for 3 years is a no. 1 in any offense. Just because he isn`t a jump ball deep threat does not preclude him from being a no. 1 in the NFL. He is a marvin harrison jerry rice type player. Not quite as good as marvin, but closer than you would think. Watch some tape if you doubt it.

As for favre being brees. I am of the opiniion that the pack will not stop passing for probably 8 more weeks. Maybe by then the running game will have caught up a little.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 pm

I can't believe I dropped him after week 1 :~(
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Popcynical » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:15 pm

It's nice to see the Packers' passing attack when all three guys in my sig are playing the game. Driver, Jennings, and Jones will continue to have good games, because you figure at least one of them is always gonna be lined up with the #3 corner, which will almost always be a good matchup.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Popcynical wrote:It's nice to see the Packers' passing attack when all three guys in my sig are playing the game. Driver, Jennings, and Jones will continue to have good games, because you figure at least one of them is always gonna be lined up with the #3 corner, which will almost always be a good matchup.

Hello Vikings.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:04 pm

wow, pretty sweet seeing how this thing turned out, looks like us Pack Fans are correct so far. ;-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Go Skins! » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm

Go Skins! wrote:I know this is a stretch. However, GB is looking pretty good this preseason. Favre loves his new rookie WR target. I've already heard comparisons of Jones being this year's Colston. Their rookie RB has looked good as well. I know GB didn't do much against Pitt, preseason is preseason, and Favre is getting up there in age with diminishing skills, but GB's offensive line has improved and they play in a division with less than stellar pass defenses(Minnesota, Detroit).

Anyone else notice the similarities?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost forgot I created this thread. I remember watching the NO/Tenn Monday night game back in week 3 and the commentators mentioned how the magic that NO possessed last year now belongs to Green Bay! I don't think I could have called that one any better.

Ironically, I have Favre in both of my money leagues. However, he's the backup under Brady in one and Kitna in other. I'm 6-0 with Brady, and I'm 2-3-1 with Kitna. I would have been 4-1-1 with Favre if I didn't trade to get Kitna!!!

Favre is definately this year's Brees!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Go Skins!
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk