Kicking accuracy in madden 08 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Kicking accuracy in madden 08

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kicking accuracy in madden 08

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:47 pm

I cannot figure it out since they changed the accuracy meter to be done by hitting down on teh analog stick and then up on the analog stick.

I get the power aspect, just not the accuracy. Seems like I will do it one way and it's fine, then i do it again the exact same way and my kicker shanks it. What's the deal with it? How do you kick accurately and consistently? THis is PS2 btw.

If I want to kick straight by the default aim, it's no problem. But if I want to put the ball near the sidelines on a kickoff, it's nearly impossible without the accuracy getting all out of whack and the kicker kicking it out of bounds at like the 40.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kicking accuracy in madden 08

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:19 am

Me neither. I cant figure it out. I consistently miss PAT's and kick the ball out of bounds.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:08 am

When you move the arrow to where you want the ball to go, the opening in the circle also moves. After you push the analog stick back and to the power you want, push the analog stick forward, but in the direction of where the lighter opening in the circle is, don't just push it straight ahead or too far over. It takes getting used to.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Yeah, this 2008 Madden is really hard at field goal kicking....so hard and frusterating...I don't even kick them anymore.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:10 pm

I usually have time to recorrect if anything happens. The best way I've been able to do it with the 360 is actually holding the stick in the direction after the follow through and not letting up and making minor corrections if needed. It's a lot harder to kick on an angle, but I feel it's the same as hitting a shot in Tiger Woods ;D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Re:

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:22 pm

eagles21 wrote:When you move the arrow to where you want the ball to go, the opening in the circle also moves. After you push the analog stick back and to the power you want, push the analog stick forward, but in the direction of where the lighter opening in the circle is, don't just push it straight ahead or too far over. It takes getting used to.

I think I understand the concept, and I have gotten a little better, but it still seems like there are times when I push the analog stick in the perfect direction and it still isn't accurate. And my kicking accuracy is above 90, so I don't think it's the kicker.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sox 06 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I usually have time to recorrect if anything happens. The best way I've been able to do it with the 360 is actually holding the stick in the direction after the follow through and not letting up and making minor corrections if needed. It's a lot harder to kick on an angle, but I feel it's the same as hitting a shot in Tiger Woods ;D

This is a good comparison and probably why I've never had any trouble kicking in Madden. I play Tiger Woods constantly X-I
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:48 pm

This may sound dumb, but how do you kick the ball farther than the 10 yard line...I've tried so many times, and i've gotten it into the endzone a few times but I cant figure it out...

I beat my brother 112?-7 last night (5 minute quarters...he SUCKS!) and even he can kick it into the endzone (He wont tell me...the jerk) What am i doing wrong? I move the arrow as low as it can go, fill the power bar (Yes I'm filling it, full into red) and kick it straight as an arrow. I have no trouble aiming, just in the power.

Help please?

PS It's the 360 version.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:02 am

112-7? HOLY CRAP!! haha :-b 8-o
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:This may sound dumb, but how do you kick the ball farther than the 10 yard line...I've tried so many times, and i've gotten it into the endzone a few times but I cant figure it out...

I beat my brother 112?-7 last night (5 minute quarters...he SUCKS!) and even he can kick it into the endzone (He wont tell me...the jerk) What am i doing wrong? I move the arrow as low as it can go, fill the power bar (Yes I'm filling it, full into red) and kick it straight as an arrow. I have no trouble aiming, just in the power.

Help please?

PS It's the 360 version.

Who's your kicker? If your kicker has a weak leg that could explain it. Also, I wouldn't move the arrow low. You want SOME arc on it to give your guys more time to get downfield. But I bet your problem lies at your kicker's leg strength and possibly the wind.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games