Draft Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Draft Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Help

Postby gentzkowa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:36 pm

hey guys...I have the #12,#13 and #25 pick in my 12 team fantasy league and I do not pick again until #48 and #49. How would you suggest I draft?

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB and 1RB/TE. There is nothing fancy to the scoring except that TE receptions are worth 2 pts each whereas RB/WR receptions are worth 1 point each. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys!
gentzkowa
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Help

Postby latraffic » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:23 am

Two things leap out at me here - 1st, you're league is really focused on running backs (with 4 potentially starting if you look at the flex spots). 2nd, you're league is PPR which changes how you rank players, including running backs.

If I was drafting in your position, I would use my first two picks to grab running backs. At 1.12 & 2.1, I'd be crossing my fingers that Westbrook, Bush and/or MJD (all pass catching RBs) are still available and draft them immediately (assuming obvious 1st picks like LT, SJax, etc are gone). Regardless, whatever RBs are left, have a cheatsheet handy of which RBs catch the most balls and make a selection based on this criteria.

When you're looking for your 25th pick, I'd see if Gates is still on the board. Normally I would never recommend a TE in this round HOWEVER since TE PPRs are weighted 2 to 1, Gates could be money. No other TE though, only Gates. If he's gone, look for strong WR. Since there probably won't be much in RBs left, use this pick to get a solid starter.

By the 48 & 49 picks, you're going to have to try and draft around the other managers. What's that? Basically, if they horded the TEs because of your' leagues odd 2 to 1 setting, try and fill out your spots with pass catching RBs or higher risk #1 WRs. It's also known as drafting the "best available player" and this far down on the list, you might have to resort to it.

You'll have to be patient and not go for a QB before the 6th round but this should be okay as I imagine the quality guys (Brady, etc) are still around in such a RB heavy, PPR league.

Good luck!
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum