2 trades both vetoed be league- Good call or bad??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

2 trades both vetoed be league- Good call or bad??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 trades both vetoed be league- Good call or bad??? WHIR

Postby AEMRICH » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:13 am

12 team $$$$ redraft H2H- PPR
I'm the commish and have stated that i won't veto a trade in my league. We drafted on Tuesday and two trades have already been vetoed. What do you think??
Trade one
Brandon Jackson GB
for
Cedric Benson CHI

Trade TWO
Jerious Norwood
for
Kevin Jones
QB: Manning
RB: Addai/Edge
WR: Walker/Driver/ Santana Moss
RB/WR: Ronnie Brown
TE: Shockey
K: Stover
DEF: Carolina

BN: K. Jones, Deangelo Williams, Favre, Braylon Edwards, Kenton Keith, Trent Green, Selvin Young
AEMRICH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2 trades both vetoed be league- Good call or bad??? WHIR

Postby Script-Ohio » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 am

Why the hell would your league veto these trades? What a not-fun league to be in
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:17 am

I would do both votes over again, and this time I would announce that no votes will be counted that are not explained. Make them tell you why they're voting against the trade. If they give you BS reasons, override the veto and put both trades through.

There is nothing wrong with those trades. I can't think of many reasons why either should be vetoed.

Good luck to you this season. With owners like that, you're probably going to need it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PHI » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:21 am

knapplc wrote:I would do both votes over again, and this time I would announce that no votes will be counted that are not explained. Make them tell you why they're voting against the trade. If they give you BS reasons, override the veto and put both trades through.

This is a good idea, and it wouldn't hurt to make this mandatory for all trades if you really want to keep the league voting system in place.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Peacesells » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:13 am

I believe that votes should not be allowed. Too many owners only look how the affects them from their perspective. The league I run I have final say on trades and I DON"T veto any trade unless I suspect some kind of collusion. Then I investigate. Everyone values players differently for different reasons. There is no way for you can expect the other members to understand what a trade means to the 2 parties involved so how can those members vote appropriately. Just do yourself a favor and get rid of the voting process.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner