Draft Order Suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Draft Order Suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Draft Order Suggestions

Postby Memetic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:28 am

timnew wrote:Weak Link is QB Vince Young. Great Athlete but playing without any proven offensive help. No proven WR or RB. Ten is also playing one of the toughest schedules defensively.

Rivers is probably a better starter for you. Better players around him to throw the ball to and plays a much easier schedule overall.

Jamal should have a very solid season as long as he is healthy.

Memetic wrote:Well the draft is complete and i ended up with

SLOT PLAYER TEAM POS
QB Vince Young Ten QB
RB Joseph Addai Ind RB
RB/WR Ronnie Brown Mia RB
WR Chad Johnson Cin WR
WR Larry Fitzgerald Ari WR
TE Benjamin Watson NE TE
DP DeMeco Ryans Hou LB
D/ST Cowboys D/ST Dal
K Robbie Gould Chi K
Bench Jamal Lewis Cle RB
Bench Laveranues Coles NYJ WR
Bench LaMont Jordan Oak RB
Bench Vincent Jackson SD WR
Bench Philip Rivers SD QB
Bench Brandon Jones Ten WR
Bench A.J. Hawk GB LB

I think my only weak link is Jamal Lewis but i am satisfied with the team as a whole...

yea i actually already switched out Vince young for Rivers but Rivers faces Chicago first game so i don't know how well he is going to play...
Memetic
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Order Suggestions

Postby timnew » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:02 am

Chicago is the top, or a top 2 at least, fantasy league defense because of the points they post. In part this is because of returns on special teams but also for Int, fumble recoveries and sacks. They are not #1 statistically against the pass (they finished last season as 11th best on PAssing Yardage allowed) and 6th against the run.

Tennessee's Offense on the other hand finished 16th in the league in total offense, 30th (out of 32) in passing Offense, and 5th in Rushing offense. They play Jacksonville in week 1 who finished last season 4th in Rush defense (Tennessee's strength last season ) and 10th in pass Defense and 4th in Points allowed.

I am just a rookie at fantasy league football and haven't watched a lot of pro football the last few years BUT the stats tell me: Go with Rivers this week. Some weeks Tennessee may have a better opponent and I'd start Vince but week one on paper looks like Rivers has the edge of the 2.
timnew Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum