Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned....

Postby magicninjafingers » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:09 pm

All that talent will go to waste as you watch the incomparably incompetent Wade Phillips find ways to lose the team and the games they play. The guy is terrible and commands as much respect in an NFL locker room as a gay mexican kicker. Wait and see.

ps. Im not not a Dallas fan but until they get rid of Wade and TO I am (not a dallas fan). :-t
magicninjafingers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned....

Postby RunnaThaMills » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 pm

To be honest, I hate Dallas Cowboys, and I don't care if they win or lose.

BUT, they will have decent fantasy players - JJones, Barber, TO, Crayton, Whitten, even Romo. TGlenn will be someone to deal with, too once he's healthy.

GO STEELERS!!!
RunnaThaMills
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:03 pm

Hope your right, although I doubt it. I think they're gonna be good this year. Tough D, decent Offense. I'm predicting 9 or 10 wins.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Yeeeahhhh, you lost all credibility for me in the Doug Flutie thread you got locked with your comments. :-P

Anyway, if you want to intelligently discuss the Cowboys chances of doing well this season, I am up for that.

The defense will be lockdown. Top 5 in the league probably this year barring injuries. Top 10 for sure.

And the offense has all of the weapons to absolutely tear up the league.

The two major question marks will be the QB with still young Romo and Wade Phillips coaching of the offense. I still seeing the Eagles as the only barrier to clinching the division this year. Should be a close race between the two with both pushing 10-11 wins.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:35 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:The two major question marks will be the QB with still young Romo and Wade Phillips coaching of the offense. I still seeing the Eagles as the only barrier to clinching the division this year. Should be a close race between the two with both pushing 10-11 wins.

I'd be very scared for the develop of Romo right now. I'm sure you know who Dallas' new QB coach is. Wade Wilson. The guy Rex Grossman subtly blamed recently for his panicky, off-the-back-foot, instant INT Rexy kept throwing last season.

}:-)
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:55 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:The two major question marks will be the QB with still young Romo and Wade Phillips coaching of the offense. I still seeing the Eagles as the only barrier to clinching the division this year. Should be a close race between the two with both pushing 10-11 wins.

I'd be very scared for the develop of Romo right now. I'm sure you know who Dallas' new QB coach is. Wade Wilson. The guy Rex Grossman subtly blamed recently for his panicky, off-the-back-foot, instant INT Rexy kept throwing last season.

}:-)

That's all right. he won't be doing much with Garrett there. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby magicninjafingers » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:59 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeeeahhhh, you lost all credibility for me in the Doug Flutie thread you got locked with your comments. :-P

Anyway, if you want to intelligently discuss the Cowboys chances of doing well this season, I am up for that.

The defense will be lockdown. Top 5 in the league probably this year barring injuries. Top 10 for sure.

And the offense has all of the weapons to absolutely tear up the league.

The two major question marks will be the QB with still young Romo and Wade Phillips coaching of the offense. I still seeing the Eagles as the only barrier to clinching the division this year. Should be a close race between the two with both pushing 10-11 wins.

well, first of all; never give credibility to a stranger which, I am to you. So fair enough, you shouldnt have had any for me in the first place. Secondly, you are a big baby if those comments offended you or gave you the impression that I dont know what Im talking about, I do but maybe I dont give the impression. Thirdly, I should retract that statement that I made that got locked out which I wouldve done except that I was locked out. I was just employing a little hyper bowlee. It was a bit offside though. Still, having said that; I think Wade Phillips is absolutely incompetent as I would of any coach that decides the playoffs is the time to switch QBs (which in itself isnt so bad except when the replacement is a shell of the replaced) and regardless of the talent in Dallas which, is considerable; they will suffer from the cancer of Owens, the rawness of Romo and the incompetence of Wade. If it wasnt for the fact that the NFC is super weak, Id say they dont even make the playoffs.
magicninjafingers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:29 pm

I don't see how pairing a team who can't win a playoff game with a coach who has never won a playoff game is seen by so many as a good thing... :-?

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:28 pm

magicninjafingers wrote:All that talent will go to waste as you watch the incomparably incompetent Wade Phillips find ways to lose the team and the games they play.

Are you guys serious? Wade Phillps is not coaching the Cowboys next year. Wade is just here to groom the young DEF along. Phillips will not even be calling plays half way through the year (Jason Garrett will). After the year is over, Jerry is going after bill cowher, everybody knows that...
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:36 am

woodson_28 wrote:
magicninjafingers wrote:All that talent will go to waste as you watch the incomparably incompetent Wade Phillips find ways to lose the team and the games they play.

Are you guys serious? Wade Phillps is not coaching the Cowboys next year. Wade is just here to groom the young DEF along. Phillips will not even be calling plays half way through the year (Jason Garrett will). After the year is over, Jerry is going after bill cowher, everybody knows that...

My guess is Jason Garrett will be promoted to HC when Phillips leaves. I wouldn't complain about Cowher though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting