Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dallas Cowboys! You have been warned....

Postby Guru13 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeeeahhhh, you lost all credibility for me in the Doug Flutie thread you got locked with your comments. :-P

Anyway, if you want to intelligently discuss the Cowboys chances of doing well this season, I am up for that.

The defense will be lockdown. Top 5 in the league probably this year barring injuries. Top 10 for sure.

And the offense has all of the weapons to absolutely tear up the league.

The two major question marks will be the QB with still young Romo and Wade Phillips coaching of the offense. I still seeing the Eagles as the only barrier to clinching the division this year. Should be a close race between the two with both pushing 10-11 wins.

if they could've only displayed that last night...-4 points for me in my big money league...uggh.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:18 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
The defense will be lockdown. Top 5 in the league probably this year barring injuries. Top 10 for sure.

if they could've only displayed that last night...-4 points for me in my big money league...uggh.

Read barring injuries. :~(

Newmann and Greg Ellis were both out and that hurt them BAD.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:31 pm

And now Jason Ferguson is out.

Newmann and Elliss should be back shortly. And I'll be glad because It'll be even more hysterical when they give up 60 yard bombs 3 minutes into games. :-)

If the Giants had any defense they would have won last night.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:45 pm

SniperShot wrote:And now Jason Ferguson is out.

Newmann and Elliss should be back shortly. And I'll be glad because It'll be even more hysterical when they give up 60 yard bombs 3 minutes into games. :-)

If the Giants had any defense they would have won last night.

If the Cowboys had Newman, the score would have been 21-45 :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby magicninjafingers » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:03 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
magicninjafingers wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:OK, that's cool. So basically you hate the Cowboys or Wade Phillips in general so your opinion is obviously skewed just as I am a fan of the Cowboys and so my opinion is skewed. I am bookmarking this topic though and we shall see whose opinion was less skewed come playoff time. :-)

Basically. But it's not the Cowboys I hate, just Wade Phillips and Owens. My opinion is very skewed but it is accurate as you shall see in about 5 months time.

Yeah, we will. BTW, what team is "your team"? And do the Cowboys play them? :-D

My favourite football team is the Toronto Argonauts and no, the Cowboys dont play them. In the NFL, my favourite team is the Saints (because thats where Gil "the Thrill" Fenerty went after his days with the Argos) and they dont play the Cowboys this year (which is probably a good thing for them coz they dont look too good). So far, the 'boys look dangerous on offense and pretty weak on pass defense (4 INTS vs MIA doesnt impress me too much).
magicninjafingers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:37 pm

magicninjafingers wrote:
My favourite football team is the Toronto Argonauts and no, the Cowboys dont play them.

I'm sorry. :-/ :-b

magicninjafingers wrote:So far, the 'boys look dangerous on offense and pretty weak on pass defense (4 INTS vs MIA doesnt impress me too much).

Mmmmm..... profound. :-b

Yeah, Dallas is (obviously) first in points/game, fourth in yards per game, and first in Yards per play from scrimmage.

However, hey are 26th in points allowed per game, and 31st in passing yards allowed per game.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby magicninjafingers » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:44 pm

well the Boys sure did look good against da Bears last night. So far, I think theyve benifited from facing 3 teams with big problems, the Bears with a decent QB woulve made for a much better game as you could see the D get progressively more tired and beat up as Grossman kept the offense in neutral and then jammed it into reverse. But it looks like they are gonna go deep this year. I just traded Shaun Alexander for Marion Barber (and Calvin Johnson) so Im on board at least until the playoffs...
magicninjafingers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:09 pm

The Cowboys are easily the best team in the NFC right now and I'm not seeing anything to change my mind anytime soon.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:55 pm

SniperShot wrote:The Cowboys are easily the best team in the NFC right now and I'm not seeing anything to change my mind anytime soon.

No doubt... They look formidable.
If I had to pick now, I'd say we have a NE/Dallas Superbowl on the horizon. :,-(

Then again, my Seahawks seem to have their number! }:-) :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby magicninjafingers » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 pm

So there you go. Boy's are good but not good enough to compete with a true elite level team (at home no less). They shouldve maybe tried to go with a ball control type of game plan? You can easily give Barber the rock 35 times in a game and at least that would prevent the Pats from getting too many posessions. Then again, it was the Patriots that they played and nobody really has a chance against them when they are on their game. One thing is for certain, the pass defense is atrocious. Where's all that fancy blitzing that Wade is so reknowed for?
magicninjafingers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting