bioshock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

bioshock

Moderator: Football Moderators

bioshock

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:38 pm

just got this game, and ill tell you...it has graphics to rival gears and some pretty solid gameplay if you are into FPSs. medicore storyline so far, but not shabby. very dark, and sometimes a bit on the scary side. really have enjoyed it so far. the powerups on the plasmids are a very cool touch, anything from incinerate, to shock, to telekenisis...

has anyone else played this game? if so how far have you got and what do you think so far? its been one of the funnest game ive played on the 360 right up there with gears and GH2. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: bioshock

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:45 pm

Haven't played the full game yet as mine isn't due in until tomorrow (got in on that Liongames $40 deal for the 360 version) but I've played through the demo a couple times. It was definitely a good time, most stuff seemed "on rails" but that's never really bothered me and it made for an awesome cinematic experience....like when the plane wreckage floats down into the glass corridor you're walking through and breaks it open - awesome. I enjoyed what I've seen of the story too.

That said, I do disagree that the textures and the graphics as a whole (outside of the opening scene) are anywhere near on par with Gears, nor do I expect it to rival Gears (which I still play 10-15 hrs/week almost a full year after I got it) in terms of how I feel about it as a game as a whole because of the lack of any multiplayer elements.

Should be an awesome single player ride though, just wish it at least had online coop (even though I know it doesn't mesh with the story/feel of the game) - that should be standard on 360 games by now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby logan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:05 pm

i have the pc version and although i'm only up to entering medical at this point it's been pretty solid so far.the atmosphere is great and i can't wait till i get to put a full few hours into it his weekend. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:40 pm

i just beat the game after quite a number of hours...just awesome. quite a bit more to the game than average FPSs....and id say its about the perfect length for a game. ill wait a little bit and bump the difficulty up to the hardest and roll through again...i managed to miss a couple of the little sisters on the earlier levels and didnt end up completing all my research achievements.

very cool game, though..i recommend trying it out ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:43 am

i just got the camera myself after finally getting to play more today. damn big daddy's with the rivet guns and nades are a pain.medical was interesting to say the least. :-o

slug=slightly disturbing the first time.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 am

logan wrote:i just got the camera myself after finally getting to play more today. damn big daddy's with the rivet guns and nades are a pain.medical was interesting to say the least. :-o

slug=slightly disturbing the first time.

if you just got the camera, you are at the part of the game where it starts getting really cool. my advice...take lots of pics ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:33 pm

Electronic gaming magazine just rated bioshock a perfect 10. dont see that too often 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby xrashx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:43 pm

one of the best games ive played
xrashx
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Just finished this game, and I gotta say.... overrated. Maybe it was the unbelievable hype this game got, but I just didn't find it outstanding. Was it fun? Sure. Original? Absolutely. But I didn't find myself itching to play it all the time like I did with Crysis and Call of Duty 4. And the ending was certainly short and vague, not a good reward for all the time I put into it. But not a bad game, don't get me wrong.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games