What's your favorite movie? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's your favorite movie?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's your favorite movie?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Thought this would be a fun thread to see what different cafers favorite movie is, and to get ideas of new movies to see.

Mine is Dazed and Confused. What's yours?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's your favorite movie?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Hard to say because a lot of movies I like are so different. I like movies anywhere from Animal House to Any Given Sunday and so forth, so it's hard for me to say definatly 1 movie.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:12 pm

Shawshank Redemption.

I run a video store. Treat is the only person I know who has seen more movies than me. I've watched more screeners though, which means I've seen more really bad ones. :-b

Comedies are great, but they never can be considered the best movies. You need more than humor to be considered best or favorites in my book.

I find myself remembering only the funny parts of comedies, which is a good release from reality. However,I can remember the whole story and character development of Shawshank Redemption which is the basic reason for it being my favorite.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:15 pm

RiffRaff wrote:Shawshank Redemption.

I run a video store. Treat is the only person I know who has seen more movies than me. I've watched more screeners though, which means I've seen more really bad ones. :-b

Comedies are great, but they never can be considered the best movies. You need more than humor to be considered best or favorites in my book.

I find myself remembering only the funny parts of comedies, which is a good release from reality. However,I can remember the whole story and character development of Shawshank Redemption which is the basic reason for it being my favorite.

Great movie. Definatly up there for me.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:02 am

Wow that is really tough, I'd rather be able to break it down by genre. If I had to pick one it's really a toss up between two....One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and True Romance. And yeah Shawshank is right up there too. ;-D

My favorite movie this past year or so though is Shaun of the Dead, I've watched it at least once a month since it was released. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Popcynical » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:56 am

My favorite move is probably Fight Club.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:40 am

The Shawshank Redemption. No question.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:25 am

RiffRaff wrote:Shawshank Redemption.

yep, shawshank is EASILY my favorite movie too. There are a couple other movies that I absolutely love and I put up there. However Shawshank has this re-watchablility that those others, although great on one viewing, don't have. If shawshank is on a movie channel, I can throw it on and get sucked in any time any place. Shawshank also has one of the best soundtracks out there. Shawshank "end titles" theme is ridiculously awesome. I'm a movie theme song buff though...

I also agree, I can not rank a comedy as my favorite for the reasons Raff stated and then some
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:40 am

favorite as in i don't get tired of watchin it?...either return of the king or return of the jedi

favorite as in it is the finest piece of cinematography i've ever come across?...the godfather part 2

favorite as in i love to quote and laugh about it with friends?...the big lebowski

favorite as in guilty pleasure?...commando
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:51 am

It's hard to argue against Shawshank. I think that's one of the finest movies ever made. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk