Couey sentenced to death - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Couey sentenced to death

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Couey sentenced to death

Postby Karoz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:06 pm

As a Christian, I'm supposed to forgive him for his sins...

Unfortunately, I can't do that. I hope a few inmates and possibly a few guards get a hold of him and torture him for several hours before finally cutting his head off. When I read that the girl asked for her stuffed animal before he buried her alive, I just about lost it.

I've had the responsibility of helping raise my niece since she was a baby (4 years old now), and this kind of thing makes me want to homeschool her. I'm going off to college in a year, and I'll hate not being there to look over her.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
moonhead wrote:i had no idea who this guy was. i don't think "cruel and unusual punishment" should be disallowed for swine such as this. i think the families of this particular victim should be able to do with him whatever they please. good riddance. people like this really make me hope there is a hell.

My dad has always said this: "Turn them over to the Fathers." Then you see justice.

I think you're confusing vengance with justice. If you want to argue that punishment for crime should be decided by the victim of the crime (or victim's family), that's one thing, but let's not pretend that the result of that would be anything close to justice.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
moonhead wrote:i had no idea who this guy was. i don't think "cruel and unusual punishment" should be disallowed for swine such as this. i think the families of this particular victim should be able to do with him whatever they please. good riddance. people like this really make me hope there is a hell.

My dad has always said this: "Turn them over to the Fathers." Then you see justice.

I think you're confusing vengance with justice. If you want to argue that punishment for crime should be decided by the victim of the crime (or victim's family), that's one thing, but let's not pretend that the result of that would be anything close to justice.

Dear Art.

You confuse an angry response with an actual proposal for reform in the CJ system. Nobody is actually suggesting that turning the SOB over to the little girls dad is a viable option. Although, if dad were to get to deal out the punishment... vengance AND justice would both be well served!

Liberals... ;-7 :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:01 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:My dad has always said this: "Turn them over to the Fathers." Then you see justice.

Dear Art.

You confuse an angry response with an actual proposal for reform in the CJ system. Nobody is actually suggesting that turning the SOB over to the little girls dad is a viable option. Although, if dad were to get to deal out the punishment... vengance AND justice would both be well served!

Liberals... ;-7 :-b

justice: deserved reward or punishment; the rendering of what is due or merited.

I dunno, given that definition I think the result would be extremely close to justice.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to General Talk