DEFENSE QUESTION - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

DEFENSE QUESTION

Moderator: Football Moderators

DEFENSE QUESTION

Postby maven72 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I have Denvers defense - Im not sure I want to play them Week 1 against Buffalo because Ill be starting M. Lynch at RB2. 2 questions... Is Denver a defense I can run with all year? Do any of these waiver defenses look good for week 1?

atl @ min
wash @ mia
nyg @ dal
gb @ phil
ari @ sf
kc @ hou
det @ oak
cle @ pit
sf @ ari
tb @ sea
cin @ bal
ten @ jac
stl @ car
indy @ no
hou @ kc
no @ indy

Teams on the left are available

Does it even matter if my Defense is going up against one of my RB's ?
Tks
maven72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DEFENSE QUESTION

Postby timnew » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I am planning to start Denver as my defense in week 1 against Buffalo. It is all a matter of match-ups. I am a newbie to fantasy football so my opinion may be worthless but Denver against Buffalo seems the best option of the ones you show. Denver's Defense is suppose to be much better this season. They are ranked as Top 5 by one fantasy football magazine (Pro Forecast Fantasy Football) and a consensus #8 by a panel of 12 Fantasy Football sites.

I plan to sit my #1 Defense of the Chicago Bears in week 1 because they play SD at SD. I think Denver at Buffalo is a better match-up.
You may want to check out the cheatsheets at ESPN.com and fftoday.com but I think Denver is the best option here.

maven72 wrote:I have Denvers defense - Im not sure I want to play them Week 1 against Buffalo because Ill be starting M. Lynch at RB2. 2 questions... Is Denver a defense I can run with all year? Do any of these waiver defenses look good for week 1?

atl @ min
wash @ mia
nyg @ dal
gb @ phil
ari @ sf
kc @ hou
det @ oak
cle @ pit
sf @ ari
tb @ sea
cin @ bal
ten @ jac
stl @ car
indy @ no
hou @ kc
no @ indy

Teams on the left are available

Does it even matter if my Defense is going up against one of my RB's ?
Tks
timnew Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Peacesells » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:07 am

Although it won't feel right but you decision on who to start should be made without regard for who else is on your fantasy team. If you look at the Denver/Buffalo match up and feel that Denver will do well there, start Denver. Then make that same decision for Lynch. It does not matter that you own both sides of the coin.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby timnew » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:27 am

Peacesells wrote:Although it won't feel right but you decision on who to start should be made without regard for who else is on your fantasy team. If you look at the Denver/Buffalo match up and feel that Denver will do well there, start Denver. Then make that same decision for Lynch. It does not matter that you own both sides of the coin.

Peace

Good advice. It is all about fantasy points. It is not even about winning or losing team. Many if not most nights a losing QB will have higher value than the QB who beat him.

You may want to look at the breaking news from DZenver though. One of their Defenders is out now for the season. I will still play Denver week 1 because my #1 D Chicago is playing @ SD -- one of the elite offenses. Also Buffalo's Offensive Line has not been ranked very high so Marshawn may have his work cut out for him
timnew Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum