When should I draft a QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

When should I draft a QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When should I draft a QB?

Postby Invincible RudyLucas » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:09 pm

I'm wondering if I get stuck with a really late draft position would it be better to take a top of the line QB with my first pick or should I still go with the RB? Everyone tells me to go with the RB 1st round no matter what but I don't want to get stuck with a mediocre RB and a mediocre QB as well as apposed to a great QB and a bad RB if I'm picking late do I? There are 12 teams in my league.
Last edited by Invincible RudyLucas on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Invincible RudyLucas
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: When to draft a QB

Postby FirstAnd99 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:40 pm

I would still say draft a RB no matter what. Drafting late may not get you a top 5 RB, but it will get you two solid RBs if you use your 1st and second round picks on a RB. Also, in a lot of drafts someone will reach out in the middle of the first rd and pick up Peyton so it's a strong possibility that he might not even be there when you pick. How many teams do you have in your league and what is the scoring system?
FirstAnd99
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: When should I draft a QB?

Postby mjrs » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:52 pm

I would stick with a RB pick first round. I'm drafting 11th in a 12 team league this year, and right in that ballpark you've got guys like Henry, Maroney, Bush, McGahee...all who have upside. In my league last year, Steven Jackson went late first round, Brian Westbrook early second and I picked up Gore in the 4th.

Stick with the RB pick. It won't be wasted unless there's an injury or some trype of major, offensive meltdown (ala LaMont Jordon), which could happen to any player.

As far as QBs, the top ten definitely won't be gone before the 3rd-4th round, unless you can start 2 QBs in your league or you're in a 16 teamer, and even then.... Hell, Bress and Palmer could be there. Palmer went 3rd rd in my league last year. If you're very eager to grab one, you can still get guys like Hasselbeck, Romo, McNabb and Kitna easily, even if there's a mad dash run for QBs.
mjrs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: When should I draft a QB?

Postby Peacesells » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Read this thread..it was made just for you.

viewtopic.php?t=336845
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum