Comcast? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Comcast?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Comcast?

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Have you guys seen the kind of sh-t that they are pulling these days?

Is their anything that can be done?

I am sick and tired of them being all about money and not about quality.

#1 The customer service is a joke...especially if you have to talk to them about billing
#2 The price is outrageous even if you don't have the movie channels (extra money for digital channels and the movie channels are very expensive)
#3 The HD channels are an extra charge (which I can understand if they were new HD channels, but ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX should not be extra)
#4 The new tier system is a joke
#5 The College Football ordeal http://digg.com/business_finance/Comcas ... en_Channel
#6 In my area I have -NO OTHER OPTIONS- for -cable tv and internet- (now I know i could change to satellite and dsl, but I live in Michigan and the weather is crazy at any time on any given day).
#7 from #6 They are then in turn screwing the little guys that try to offer the service at a decent price
#8 A few people I know called to cancel their service but Comcast said that they would lower the price and keep the speed the same. However, after using it for a while these people realized it was slower, and when calling back in to Comcast to diagnose the problem they will send you to multiple customer service reps, but after a while you find out that they lowered the speed. (basically lying to you, wasting your time, and hassling you).

I want the internet to belong to us. We should demand better prices and better options or it just turns into them controlling it the way they want.

Check this out as long as I am on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jHOn0EW8U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UlCXXZTTh8
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Comcast?

Postby treat24 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:36 pm

I JUST got comcast when I moved, and everything about it is exactly the same as my last 3 cable companies. Yeah, it would be nice if things were better. I have every channel and the biggest and best of everything they offer and they are $4 cheaper than my last company and i get a few more channels. SO FAR, comcasts customer service has been perfect for me. But hey, I had direct TV several years back. I had all kinds of problems and I had a buddy with no problems. Maybe they just don't like you ha! :-b Who knows, I've had a pleasant experience for the last 3 weeks, we'll see how that continues...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:02 pm

My family and I are just about fed up with them. We are switching to Verizon very soon.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:04 pm

I have had Comcast since before they were Comcast (they were ATTBI) but for the past 2 years it has really been a joke.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:05 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:My family and I are just about fed up with them. We are switching to Verizon very soon.

I want to switch the Verizon Fiber, but it isn't an option in my area =/ I'm hoping that changes.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:08 pm

CrashOverrid3 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:My family and I are just about fed up with them. We are switching to Verizon very soon.

I want to switch the Verizon Fiber, but it isn't an option in my area =/ I'm hoping that changes.

We switched from Comcast to Verizon for the reasons posted above, and so far it's been fine. Still, given time, who knows? :-o
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby m16a » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:41 pm

For a number of the reasons listed, my dad will never ever ever go back to comcast. Verizon is so much better, like many people have said.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:52 pm

I'm sitting here in Chicago, just waiting for the fiber stuff. :-C

Currently using ATT/Yahoo DSL and its not that bad, especially for the price. ATT has also been running commercials lately, pointing out that Comcast's triple play thing is a promotion only, and that their high regular prices kick in after a few months, which is funny to me. I've used Comcast before (not much choice in that though, since they are the only cable company here) and its cost and hassle just wasn't worth it. A bit slower speed is definitely worth it to me, for the lower price.

And there has been some kind of petition or something in Illinois, trying to get the government to bring in some competition for Comcast. It's been kicking around for a year at least now, but I don't think its going anywhere. They do leave annoying messages on my home phone though, badgering me to badger my congressman in turn, lol.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:21 pm

I would definitely sign a petition.

I'm calling Verizon Monday and seeing what they can offer me.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eagles21 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:26 pm

And they make you pay for NFL network (even though it's a very good deal at about 2 bucks more a month). But still. :-t
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk