Comcast? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Comcast?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Comcast?

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:28 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:Wow if you lived in my house for a few days, you would think that Comcast is the devil. I really dont have anything to add that hasnt already been said about them. Next week I have the 6th "Tech" in 4 mos coming out to try to fix my internet (only works late at night and very early morning), DVR (rarely works), HD channels (dont work 1/2 the time). The only positive is that I have been getting a credit every month so far from full credit to at least the internet. The time has come though for it to freaking work though. :-P :-P :-P

Anyway I can find out if that Verizon thingie is coming to my area??

I just searched on Google Verizon fiber and then called the dealer.. it's not available in Michigan and they dont know if it will be any time soon =/
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm

crazy, man i've had nothing but good from comcast so far, everything is working fine... you guys have me a little scared, but hey I like it so far...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:14 pm

CrashOverrid3 wrote:Hey Madison can you tell me what package that is or link me to it, cause I called AT&T and she was a bit confused as to what I was asking.

I really love the sound of that package however I need to ask questions.

such as is TV cable, fiber or satellite? etc (I'd rather not get satellite because I am in Michigan and the weather is retarded).

If it has On Demand, it can't be satellite.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:17 pm

treat24 wrote:crazy, man i've had nothing but good from comcast so far, everything is working fine... you guys have me a little scared, but hey I like it so far...

I know that they have their issues but I see this as Yankee fan syndrome. People constantly say that Yankee fans are idiots. Well, since there are more Yankee fans than any other team, it makes sense that they will have more idiot fans. Simple mathematics to me. It's the same with Comcast. More customers means more potential issues.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CrashOverrid3 wrote:Hey Madison can you tell me what package that is or link me to it, cause I called AT&T and she was a bit confused as to what I was asking.

such as is TV cable, fiber or satellite? etc (I'd rather not get satellite because I am in Michigan and the weather is retarded).

Ok, well, Madison can you tell me what package that is you have please.

edit: I figured it out, but not in my area again.. I will have to call and see.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

It's Fiber. Pretty sure I said that a few times in my posts about it. :-D

Anyway, Crash, call AT&T and tell them you want to speak to U-Verse. Or click here:

http://www.uverse.att.com

I've currently got the U200 package with the free movie channels offered (click "offers" to see) because that's what the salesman offered me. I called to move my phone/internet service and they told me they did fiber cable and fiber internet in my new area, so I talked to a sales guy and bought what he offered. I had no clue they had bigger packages, but I just might upgrade. :-D

EDIT: Odd, I got to playing around on their site and it mentions an extra $10 for HD service. Interesting because I get the HD channels, they gave me one free set of HD cables, and I'm not paying the extra $10. Was part of the promotion. :-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Yeah I just figured that Uverse package out cause a lady told me on the phone, but it appears I am screwed again.. It isn't offered in my area =/

Damn me and my tiny town =/
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:22 pm

I always see people here saying they can't get sattelite because of the weather??? I've had it for 6 years and I live in Canada and we get some pretty nasty weather here - also the area where I live gets some pretty nasty winds. In all that time I've only had one problem where the dish needed to be re-alligned slightly because of the wind, and even then I could still watch it, some channels were just a little fuzzy. The small eliptical dishes they use now don't seem to be affected much by severe weather.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Popcynical » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:27 pm

What's all this Fiber talk? Is it like, the new digital thing?
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:57 pm

stomperrob wrote:I always see people here saying they can't get sattelite because of the weather??? I've had it for 6 years and I live in Canada and we get some pretty nasty weather here - also the area where I live gets some pretty nasty winds. In all that time I've only had one problem where the dish needed to be re-alligned slightly because of the wind, and even then I could still watch it, some channels were just a little fuzzy. The small eliptical dishes they use now don't seem to be affected much by severe weather.

I've just always heard that it causes problems.. plus when we get a couple feet of snow here I'm not sure how it would be, and I am in a wheelchair so I can't really adjust it. However Direct TV doesn't look to bad. Also, I kind of just want to get a whole package (TV, Internet, and phone). And I like On Demand.

@Pop Fiber is a faster line.. it sends and receives a signal much faster and is the way the future is headed.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk