Comcast? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Comcast?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Comcast?

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:05 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:last time i threatened to switch they basically called my bluff. i think it's harder to say i cant afford my cable when i've got 2 HD-DVR's and HBO

Bastards! They're starting to act like banks - "OK, feel free to take your business elsewhere, sir. That is your prerogative" ...

Bobby Brown wrote:It's my prerogative
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 17, 2011 8:51 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:last time i threatened to switch they basically called my bluff. i think it's harder to say i cant afford my cable when i've got 2 HD-DVR's and HBO

It's my experience that they aren't too afraid to lose the people that are having issues paying their bill. They'll help at times but their main concern is losing people that actually pay their bill. It's hard to have much leverage when your bill is constantly in 30 and 60 day status.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

It's my experience that they aren't too afraid to lose the people that are having issues paying their bill. They'll help at times but their main concern is losing people that actually pay their bill. It's hard to have much leverage when your bill is constantly in 30 and 60 day status.

oh i've always paid it, i just tell them it's too expensive and they're probably thinking (then maybe you dont need 2 HD-DVR's pal). anway WOW was in the neighborhood and can offer me same service for $50 less a month, so i'm calling to see if they'll match and if not i'll make the switch
i'm guessing this is how it will go (FWIW i have Digital Cable with HBO, 2 HD-DVRs and 1.5 MBS internet)
Me: I got a quote from WOW to switch for $X. can you match that as part of some customer loyalty program?
Comcast: i notice you dont subscribe to our home phone service
Me: right i have no need for that
Comcast: well we can offer you our Triple Play plus Starz, Showtime and Cinemax for what you're paying now.
Me: yeah but i dont need that
Comcast: KTHANKSBYE

UPDATE: Comcast cut my bill by $25...i was still going to switch to save another $25 but lo and behold the WOW quote didnt include tax, franchise fees, etc...so it ends up being about a $10-$15 savings. to me that's not even worth the hassle of switching
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wake » Wed May 25, 2011 5:10 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote: If you are cool with the Comcast service but hate the bill, don't be afraid to call and ask for the retention department. They have special offers that no one else can offer. Just make sure that they actually show up on your bill.

That's the thing. The retentions department promises "with these new discounts, your monthly bill will be $82 for cable and internet, and we're throwing in free HBO for a year." Then the bill that shows up is actually $115, and HBO never materializes, and when I call to ask about it, they have no record that I was ever told that they'd do that. Frustrating.

I'm having crazy thoughts, like dropping cable for a few months over the summer. Pick it back up in whatever form in time for college (and hopefully pro) football season.

Whenever I've had to deal with Comcast, I always do it through the online chat and print off the transcript when I'm done. I also make sure that in the transcript, I've repeated back what I'm getting, what the cost will be, and had them confirm it.

A couple years ago, I took an upgrade special they were offering on their website. However, when the first bill came, they were charging me full price for the upgraded service. I went into the customer service center only to be told that the special deal I said I signed up for didn't exist (despite it still being advertised on their website). However, I had my transcript with me which had the services I was getting and the price I was getting them for plainly written out. After they saw it, they finally instituted the correct prices and gave me a credit on my old bill.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wake » Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Me: I got a quote from WOW to switch for $X. can you match that as part of some customer loyalty program?
Comcast: i notice you dont subscribe to our home phone service
Me: right i have no need for that
Comcast: well we can offer you our Triple Play plus Starz, Showtime and Cinemax for what you're paying now.
Me: yeah but i dont need that
Comcast: KTHANKSBYE

I love that.

Here's how a call from them went after I downgraded my service awhile back.

Comcast: Hello, we see that you removed your basic cable service subscription with us and are now only receiving the basic internet package.
Me: Yes, I never watch cable and am looking for some areas to reduce my costs.
Comcast: I understand. I think I might have the perfect offer for your situation. It's called Triple Play for $200 and comes with voice, high performace internet, and cable along with all the premium channels and...
Me: *click*

Come on, if I'm downgrading to the bare skeletal services, don't offer me your most expensive package. At least make it somewhat realistic like reinstating my cable but giving me HBO for free for 6 months.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to General Talk