2007 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2007 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

2007 Florida Thread

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:49 pm

Since me and deeray seem to be spamming the front page I figure it's time...
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2007 Florida Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:05 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Since me and deeray seem to be spamming the front page I figure it's time...

:-b ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:43 am

Die in a fire. ;-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:37 am

Have any of you guys seen Haden play on defense? I here he has looked good and maybe the staring corner
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:18 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Have any of you guys seen Haden play on defense? I here he has looked good and maybe the staring corner

I think it will be Haden and Markihe Anderson starting at CB. Then Wondy Pierre-Louis and Marcus Manson splitting time at nickel back. That's just my opinion though, nothing has been officially announced as far as I've heard.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Posers, you don't see my copying Nebraska by making a thread for my favorite team ;-7

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:53 am

Moody Decided its Great to Be a Florida Gator ;-D
Former USC running back Emmanuel Moody said Monday he will transfer to Florida.

"I followed my heart," said Moody, the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season. "It's when you get that feeling that you know something is right and you can't really describe."

Moody ran for 459 yards and two touchdowns at USC, averaging a team-high 5.8 yards per rush last season. He said he left the program because of the depth at his position, citing a "business decision" and his need to be the featured back.

Of the Gators, Moody said, "They get their playmakers the ball."
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Moody Decided its Great to Be a Florida Gator ;-D
Former USC running back Emmanuel Moody said Monday he will transfer to Florida.

"I followed my heart," said Moody, the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season. "It's when you get that feeling that you know something is right and you can't really describe."

Moody ran for 459 yards and two touchdowns at USC, averaging a team-high 5.8 yards per rush last season. He said he left the program because of the depth at his position, citing a "business decision" and his need to be the featured back.

Of the Gators, Moody said, "They get their playmakers the ball."

Ahahaha. A "business decision" that is classic.
Read: There are too many better players than me on this team so I want to go somewhere I can look good and maybe make a little money because of it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:38 pm

This is an odd story developing involving USC and Florida now with Jamere Holland, WR, trying to transfer. He apparently was kicked off of the team. Then when asking for his release he listed his top 5 schools, Florida was one of them, and USC had something to say first. They wouldn't allow him to transfer to Oregon (his first choice) because it was a PAC-10 school. Now they're not allowing him to transfer to Florida because his HS football coach is now the Florida Director of Football Operations. If Holland wants to go to either of these schools he would have to sit out two years and then he would be eligible to play. Or he could go the Brent Schaffer route and transfer from a D-1 school (Tenn) to a Juco then back to a D-1 school (Ole Miss) where he could then play immediately.

USC will not grant a release to former wide receiver Jamere Holland if he wants to transfer to Florida, according to sources.

Holland, who left the team and was dismissed by USC coach Pete Carroll last week, listed Florida as one of five schools on his release form. But USC will not grant the release because Holland's former coach at Taft High of Woodland Hills, Troy Starr, works at Florida as director of football operations.

Their close relationship apparently disturbs some within USC's athletic department who believe Starr and Holland probably communicated before Holland transferred.

Holland could not be reached for comment. Carroll will not comment on Holland' s situation.

"He's not here anymore," Carroll said.

Holland's first choice is Oregon, but USC does not want him to transfer to another Pacific-10 Conference school. Holland could appeal to a university committee of non-athletic department employees, or he could transfer anywhere if he chose to pay the first year's tuition.

USC does not object to a possible transfer of tailback Emmanuel Moody to Florida. Moody has listed North Carolina and Florida as his final two choices.

Source: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6727957
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:45 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:This is an odd story developing involving USC and Florida now with Jamere Holland, WR, trying to transfer. He apparently was kicked off of the team. Then when asking for his release he listed his top 5 schools, Florida was one of them, and USC had something to say first. They wouldn't allow him to transfer to Oregon (his first choice) because it was a PAC-10 school. Now they're not allowing him to transfer to Florida because his HS football coach is now the Florida Director of Football Operations. If Holland wants to go to either of these schools he would have to sit out two years and then he would be eligible to play. Or he could go the Brent Schaffer route and transfer from a D-1 school (Tenn) to a Juco then back to a D-1 school (Ole Miss) where he could then play immediately.

USC will not grant a release to former wide receiver Jamere Holland if he wants to transfer to Florida, according to sources.

Holland, who left the team and was dismissed by USC coach Pete Carroll last week, listed Florida as one of five schools on his release form. But USC will not grant the release because Holland's former coach at Taft High of Woodland Hills, Troy Starr, works at Florida as director of football operations.

Their close relationship apparently disturbs some within USC's athletic department who believe Starr and Holland probably communicated before Holland transferred.

Holland could not be reached for comment. Carroll will not comment on Holland' s situation.

"He's not here anymore," Carroll said.

Holland's first choice is Oregon, but USC does not want him to transfer to another Pacific-10 Conference school. Holland could appeal to a university committee of non-athletic department employees, or he could transfer anywhere if he chose to pay the first year's tuition.

USC does not object to a possible transfer of tailback Emmanuel Moody to Florida. Moody has listed North Carolina and Florida as his final two choices.

Source: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6727957

i think it has to do with the Moody transfer personally
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football