2007 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2007 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 Florida Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:18 am

Yea, the CI thing was talked about in the NFL early entrants forum. Not sure what is going on.

We lost our RB coach to Tennessee
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Yea, the CI thing was talked about in the NFL early entrants forum. Not sure what is going on.

CI is staying at Florida.

Stan Drayton was going to be fired if he didn't leave on his own accords. And expect Doc Holliday to head to WVU as their assistant head coach in the next few days.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:33 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Yea, the CI thing was talked about in the NFL early entrants forum. Not sure what is going on.

CI is staying at Florida.

Stan Drayton was going to be fired if he didn't leave on his own accords. And expect Doc Holliday to head to WVU as their assistant head coach in the next few days.

Doc left yesterday. Sucks to lose him as a recruiter more so than a coach
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 pm

3 Nice Recruits for Florida Recently

Matt Patchan 5* OL
Jeffrey Demps 4* RB
Ricky Barnum 4* OL

We have made some great pick ups recently and moved up to number 7 by Rivals ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Huge Recruiting weekend coming up

Ricky Barnum 4*OL (Verbal to UF)
Ramon Buchanan 4*DB (verbal to miami)
Jeffrey Demps 4*RB (Verbal to UF)
Dee Finley 4*DB (Verbal to UF)
William Green 4*LB
Frankie Hammond Jr. 4*WR (Verbal to UF)
Jamie Harper 4*RB
Omar Hunter 5*DT
Julio Jones 5*WR (#1 WR in country)
Lerentee McCray 4*LB
Burton Scott 5* ATH (verbal to Bama)
Chaz Sutton 4* DE (verbal UF)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Lerentee McCray verbally committed today. Another LB to add to the defense ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Ramon Buchanan decommitted to Miami and committed to UF over the weekend. Another solid guy to add to the defense. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:14 am

Hey deeray, where do u get your recruiting info?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Hey deeray, where do u get your recruiting info?

Rivals.com, I pay to be a member so I can read everything.

It was between them and Scout, but CC recommended rivals to me last season and I have really enjoyed it ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Ramon Buchanan decommitted to Miami and committed to UF over the weekend. Another solid guy to add to the defense. ;-D

Buchanan is a nice pickup, but it looks like ya may lose Harper:

Ex-Miami commit switches to UF
Urban Meyer got his 21st verbal commitment when Melbourne Palm Bay linebacker Ramon Buchanan switched from Miami to Florida.
By ROBBIE ANDREU
Sun sports writer
9:33 pm, January 20, 2008

In the O'Connell Center on Saturday afternoon during his official visit to Florida, Melbourne Palm Bay linebacker Ramon Buchanan was forced to do the Gator chomp cheer by UF quarterback Tim Tebow, who grabbed his arms and guided the reluctant Buchanan through the motion.

The next Gator chomp Buchanan does will be on his own.

The four-star prospect actually became a Gator on Sunday when he de-committed from Miami and committed to Urban Meyer and the UF coaching staff.

Buchanan is the second former Hurricane commitment in the past week to pledge to the Gators, joining Dunnellon linebacker Lerentee McCray, who announced for Florida last Wednesday in Orlando. Buchanan had committed to UM in July. The Gators now have commitments from 21 prospects.

"It's going to be hard to tell Miami I'm not coming, but I know I'm making the right decision to go to Florida," Buchanan said. "I feel good about it and so does my family. My mother and brother went on the visit with me and they're really happy about my decision."

Palm Bay is a school that has been good to UF over the years, most recently sending Mike Degory, Joe Cohen and Reggie Nelson to Gainesville.

Now, Buchanan is on his way.

"Florida is a real popular school at Palm Bay, just about everybody is a Gator," he said. "Even when I was committed to Miami, my friends were all telling me I should go to Florida."

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Buchanan could play safety or outside linebacker at Florida, depending on where he's needed. As an outside linebacker, Buchanan had a combined 14 sacks in his last two seasons at Palm Bay. He is ranked the No. 2 safety in the nation by Rivals.com and is rated the No. 61 overall prospect in the nation by the same service.

Buchanan said Meyer also told him he might get a look at wide receiver at UF, although Buchanan said he was told he'd likely stay on defense. "I'll play wherever they want me to," he said.

One prospect who was supposed to visit but didn't was Jacksonville Trinity Christian four-star tailback Jamie Harper, who now appears headed to Clemson, the school that has led for him for more than a month. Harper told the recruiting services Sunday that he did not visit UF because the school would not let a close friend and teammate stay with him in his hotel room in Gainesville. Harper said he probably won't visit Florida and may or may not make a trip to Florida State this weekend.

With Harper no longer a possibility, it appears the Gators will not be signing a potentially dynamic, every-down back this year. The only other remaining possibility appears to be Milton Knox, who is from Lake Balboa, Calif., and was an earlier commitment to UCLA.

The Gators expect to finish with a signing class of 24 or 25. The remaining spots likely will be filled by prospects who visited along with Buchanan over the past weekend. Two players who could pull the trigger for UF in the coming days are five-star defensive tackle Omar Hunter from Buford, Ga., and four-star outside linebacker William Green from Hoover, Ala. Green has listed UF as his favorite since last summer, while Hunter has had the Gators No. 1 since he de-committed from Notre Dame about two months ago.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football