2007 PAC 10 official Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2007 PAC 10 official Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 PAC 10 official Thread

Postby Sandrock » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:First off I know you love arguing and the reason it isn't usually you and I doing the arguing is because I'm typically on your side of the arguement.

With that being said the answer to your question is its been like 4 years or something since Cal has beaten OSU at home. I still see it as unbelievable because Cal was the number 2 team in the nation and haven't been ranked that high during that losing span. Second you just lost to my team UCLA (who lost to ND and Utah) at your place a few weeks ago which means you really suck.

Remind me who the undefeated teams are in PAC 10 conference games. I'll give you a hint....you can pump your own gas in the states the 2 teams come from.

Actually, it's been about a decade since CAL won at home against Oregon State.

The games that OSU has won has been games where they've taken care of the football. OSU has a new quarterback who has thrown plenty of ints and in the games in which he's thrown them, they've lost. No ints or fumbles against CAL, a win.

And besides, OSU has the best run defense in the country (#3 now after this week). OSU could easily be 6-1 at this point in the season if they had taken care of the football.

So while it may be a shocker to you, it doesn't seem to be a shocker to anyone in the Northwest.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Scary ride for USC:

Southern Cal flight to South Bend bounced around by heavy turbulence
Oct. 19, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The plane carrying the Southern California football team to South Bend plummeted during a severe thunderstorm, forcing the pilot to abort his first landing attempt.

There were about 125 people, including 82 players, on the chartered flight Thursday night for the cross-country trip for Saturday's game.

"That was terrifying," fullback Stanley Havili told the Los Angeles Times. "I thought I was going to die."

Some passengers were thrown from their seats by turbulence as lightning crackled around the storm-tossed plane, USC sports information director Tim Tessalone told the Associated Press on Friday. Safety Taylor Mays was screaming.

"It was a little bit of a roller-coaster drop there for a minute," Tessalone said. "We had some people fly out of some seats. Everybody is fine, but it was a frightening little dip there."

The pilot aborted the approach and circled around the storm before landing without incident about 20 minutes later to the relief of the shaken team and the spouses of some staff members also on the flight, Tessalone said.

Defensive end Lawrence Jackson said he was going to see the team trainer because a Popsicle stick pierced the inside of his mouth during the drop.

"It wasn't the worst flight I've ever been on," quarterback John David Booty said. "But it was definitely the biggest drop."

Booty to sit???

Trojans quarterback Sanchez likely to start against Irish
Oct. 18, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- While coach Pete Carroll declined to identify Southern California's starting quarterback before the 13th-ranked Trojans left for Saturday's game at Notre Dame, third-year sophomore Mark Sanchez appears on track to get the call.

John David Booty sat out USC's 20-13 victory over Arizona last weekend because of a broken middle finger on his throwing hand. Sanchez filled in, and completed 19 of 31 passes for 130 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions in his first career start.

"Those guys are both ready to play," Carroll said Thursday after Sanchez and Booty shared time during 11-on-11 drills in practice, although Booty simply handed the ball off when it was his turn.

Wearing a glove, Booty played catch earlier in the day, throwing the ball 20-to-25 yards with ease.

"We decided to rest John today," Carroll said. "We're going to see how he responds to rest and all that. Everything we've had him do, he's done fine. The more rest we give him, the better."

Carroll didn't rule out the possibility of Booty getting the start, but Sanchez has received almost all the work with the first unit this week.

Neither quarterback spoke with reporters Thursday. Booty said a day earlier he believed he would be ready to play, and Sanchez said he was confident the first-game jitters he experienced against Arizona wouldn't be a factor at Notre Dame.

"It's my first start on the road. I've got to prepare for that," Sanchez said. "I feel a little more comfortable with the reads."

Booty broke his finger Oct. 6 in the second quarter of USC's shocking 24-23 loss to Stanford, but played the whole game and threw four interceptions in the second half. He hasn't taken a snap from center since, but has said he doesn't see that as a problem.

Neither quarterback actually took snaps during Thursday's workout, starting with the ball in their hands before passing or handing off.

Meanwhile, Carroll said he believes several players who've missed playing time because of injuries will return against Notre Dame, including leading rusher Stafon Johnson, linebackers Brian Cushing and Rey Maualuga, cornerbacks Terrell Thomas and Shareece Wright and offensive lineman Chilo Rachal.

Offensive lineman Sam Baker didn't practice Thursday because of an injured hamstring, but said he was optimistic he'd be able to play.

Notre Dame (1-6) has a 42-31-5 record in a rivalry that began in 1926, but USC (5-1) has won the last five games between the teams by an average of 23.2 points.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Arizona State loses leading rusher:

No. 12 Sun Devils lose Torain for rest of season
Oct. 17, 2007

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona State rushing leader Ryan Torain will miss the rest of the season because of a toe injury.

Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson said Wednesday that the senior back has either a dislocated or broken big toe, possibly both. Torain was hurt in the first quarter of the No. 12 Sun Devils' victory over Washington on Saturday.

Torain had started six of the seven games for the unbeaten Sun Devils, rushing for 553 yards and five touchdowns. He also caught seven passes for 100 yards and two scores.

The injury leaves the starting running back spot to junior Keegan Herring, who has run for 480 yards.

Arizona State (7-0) is off this week. The Sun Devils' next game is Oct. 27 at home against No. 10 California.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:12 pm

I really doubt Carroll will play Booty against Notre Dame, they won't need him Sanchez will do fine. I imagine they'll rest Booty again for next week at Oregon.

ASU losing Torain is crushing...good luck with Cal next week Sun Devils. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cards24 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:43 am

Losing the "train" Torrain is a pretty big hit, but luckily we have pretty good depth in RB with Keegan and Nance. Sun Devil Stadium will be jamming on Saturday!

http://sundevilgridiron.com/uwhilite.php

GO DEVILS!!!
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:14 am

Cards24 wrote:Losing the "train" Torrain is a pretty big hit, but luckily we have pretty good depth in RB with Keegan and Nance. Sun Devil Stadium will be jamming on Saturday!

http://sundevilgridiron.com/uwhilite.php

GO DEVILS!!!

I hope you're right and the Devils don't slip up against Cal, I want Oregon to be able to knock them off their lofty perch November 3rd. :-D
Metroid

Postby Cards24 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:08 pm

Metroid wrote:I hope you're right and the Devils don't slip up against Cal, I want Oregon to be able to knock them off their lofty perch November 3rd. :-D

AHHHHH, take one game at a time YOUNG GRASSHOPPER!!! I hope you guys don't choke against USC next week. That could mean you are out of the Pac10 chase and the only thing you would be looking forward to is beating a ranked team. If I were you my first concearn would be what uniforms the ducks will wear this week :-b and secondly beating USC.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 pm

Cards24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I hope you're right and the Devils don't slip up against Cal, I want Oregon to be able to knock them off their lofty perch November 3rd. :-D

AHHHHH, take one game at a time YOUNG GRASSHOPPER!!! I hope you guys don't choke against USC next week. That could mean you are out of the Pac10 chase and the only thing you would be looking forward to is beating a ranked team. If I were you I would be more concearned about beating USC than looking forward two weeks ahead :-b

Oh I'm sure Coach Bellotti has his team focused on one thing this week and thats beating SC, being a fan though I have the luxury of being able to look ahead. :-b

Good luck against Cal, though I really don't think the Devils need it. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Can't believe UCLA beat Cal. It feels good growing up in So Cal and living in No Cal right now. All my wife's family are Cal fans. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 am

Got a kick out of seeing the pic on azentral showing where ASU fans/students tried to tear down the goal posts after beating Cal. C'mon! 2-consecutive loss Cal! ASU fans, collectively, are some of the most ridiculous fans I've ever met. When the team does poorly or average, you hear very little about them, even on the local sports radio, but gosh, if they have a great season, like this year, or like '96, the bandwagoners go out of their minds and local radio actually talks about them. The pro teams' fans, Suns and Coyotes, seem to have more loyalty, win or lose, than the college team. I just think its funny that the ASU fans here dont understand how to act/handle prosperity. I remember that after that '96 season, by the '98 season, you couldnt give away a ticket to an ASU football game.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to College Football