Kick/Punt Return Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kick/Punt Return Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kick/Punt Return Strategy

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:54 pm

What's the status in Miami?

Is Ginn going to start the year as the primary kick returner and punt returner? The Miami situation seems muddled right now. Even if he doesn't start out the year with both, it could be something to watch for as the year progresses. Apparently Ginn has impressed late in the preseason, so he might also be more of a factor on offense as well.

If he get's both duties he could be a viable #3WR in deeper leagues, similar to Welker last year. Now that I check, Welker was actually the 19th ranked WR in my league last year in my league (0.5pt/rec, 10yds/pt rec., 20yds/pt ret.; standard scoring in some leagues). I had him on my team last year and didn't even realize that! I don't expect Ginn to get 67 catches this year, but I could definitely see him getting 3 or so a game as the season progresses (making him startable at some point).

100 ret yds= 5pts
3 catches = 1.5 points
35 yards = 3.5 points
Total = 10 points
Not all that unreasonable. That's a solid 10 points a week if they use him as the primary return guy and the slot WR. Add in a possible touchdown and we certainly have a nice, consistent #3 WR for a fantasy team.

Thoughts?
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kick/Punt Return Strategy

Postby Max Power » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:36 pm

awww crap...where did this list come from?

I took Welker in my big money league as my 3rd WR just because the league has 1pt per 20 yards returning...

after confirming it on both ESPN and Footballguys.com

:-t
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk