1st round duds from last year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

1st round duds from last year

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st round duds from last year

Postby TheKoz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:03 am

Just had my draft tonight and I picked up Clinton Portis, Lamont Jordan, and Kevin Jones all in the 6th round and after
When last year Portis and Jordan were 1st round picks and Jones was usually in the first 3 rounds

isn't it amazing how quickly a RB falls based on injuries/performance? It just goes to show you can never take anything for granted. Just found that very curious.
TheKoz Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st round duds from last year

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:23 am

yeah i actually noticed that to. one somewhat down year and they can't get any respect. but anyway, i don't know why portis is being drafted so low by people. as long as he's healthy he's the man and betts is the backup. i guess people just really don't like the situation, even though I think portis comes back strong.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheKoz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 am

I think its also funny that if I had drafted these guys last year, and posted it on this message board would have been, "Wow fantastic backs, you should easily get the championship"

and I wouldn't have done anything, lol

I also find it interesting that a lot of unproven players get picked before them, like Lynch. Anyone remember JJ Arrington from a few years ago?
TheKoz Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:33 pm

I think Lynch is a little different of an answer than JJ ever was. I like Portis, he's easily the best back and LJ could have a comeback for the first 4 weeks, that's how long he's got to prove last year was a fluke and that Rhoades is a bench player. KJ is one I would be worrisome about with injuries and whatnot, but he had some good showings last year when healthy.

But everyone is down on Portis because of his knee's right now which could hurt his chances on the year and staying healthy. Thankfully as much as I like him, I was only able to get him in one league and had Betts fall to me so I think I should be set. The skins should be fine when running the ball. I've been more apt to draft Betts and Turner in hopes that one of those guys have an injury that could put them in awesome situations as feature backs, easily the best full-time backups in the league.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby XHendrix » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:05 pm

what about edge, he was a first round pick last year. Picked him up as my number 3 runningback, and portis as my number two.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:52 pm

TheKoz wrote:Just had my draft tonight and I picked up Clinton Portis, Lamont Jordan, and Kevin Jones all in the 6th round and after
When last year Portis and Jordan were 1st round picks and Jones was usually in the first 3 rounds

isn't it amazing how quickly a RB falls based on injuries/performance? It just goes to show you can never take anything for granted. Just found that very curious.

I don't think I have had a single draft where Portis fell out of the third round. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:14 am

A HUGE first round bust from last year was definitely LaDainian Tomlinson. That guy barely scored at all for your team and everyone was predicting him to do well or something... Geez.....

:-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting