I'm THREE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'm THREE

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm THREE

Postby SniperShot » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 am

As I ponder how in the world I've been here for 3 years already I wonder why we acknowledge post counts so prominently and seem to throw the join date out the window?

It was on this day in 2004 I created my account and posed the incredible question of whether or not I should trade Keenan Mccardell for Anquan Boldin. Much has changed in the football world and the fantasy world since then in these three short years. Marshall Faulk was a strong 2nd round fantasy option. Randy Moss was easily the best statistical WR in the game with the insane stats he would put up with Culpepper in Minnesota. Priest Holmes was the unquestioned #1 pick coming off his INSANE 2003, 27 TD year. Eddie George and Curtis Martin were top 4 round picks... Looking back on those 2003 and 2004 rosters so much has changed in just 3 years. It's amazing how much things can change just from a single year actually. Makes me realize every year of fantasy football really is a different adventure.

Have a great day CAFE I hope my next three years here are as successful and fun as the first three! I'd also like to use this opportunity to personally thank Madison (Before him, Arlo) and menyak for all the outstanding work they do to keep this place going since it's founding in 2002 and as we head into the 2007 season with all it's twists and turns let's all get totally psyched for all the awesome football action that lies just around the corner! Go light side! ;-D ;-D ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'm THREE

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 am

As I ponder how in the world I've been here for 3 years already I wonder why we acknowledge post counts so prominently and seem to throw the join date out the window?

Happy birthday. ;-D

As for the post count vs. join date, I think that part of it is activity and part of it is laziness. Even though they are right next to each other, it is easier to see post count. I don't really care as I can tell very quickly what type of poster someone is.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:36 am

HBD Sniper.

I agree with you. Just having cracked the 4000 post count I would like to think that at least some of those have been either helpful or meaningful. Maybe, maybe not. BUt I have also been here 4 years as of last month which I think is more important.

I joined while living in Europe and desperate for NFL talk and info and I managed to field 4 very competitive teams that year thanks in part to some people from this site.

So, thanks for all the help, debates and even all the flat out arguments.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:42 am

happy bday man, yeah join date is cool to recognize, but like swipe and many others i'm sure, I was all over this site for many many months before getting a login and i actually think this might have been my second login. I think that post count shows more about how active of a cafe member you are. but more than that, it's the intangibles like the way you post. I've seen genius posts with excellent advice from guys with less than 100 posts many times. enough...

but yeah, happy bday man :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:15 pm

aw man...i thought this was going to be my 3K congragulatory thread ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Happy Birthday Sniper. ;-D

Post count vs. joined date is always interesting because both have advantages and flaws. Someone with tons of posts means they spend a buch of time on the site, so that should translate to them knowing quite a bit, but that's not always the case (all their posts are in GT, or all in their own league forum(s), or are unreadable, or whatever). Joined date means they found us some time back, which should also mean they know quite a bit, but that's not always the case either (like if they only spend 3 months of the year here asking trade questions, only here for the games, etc). Which of course is great and fine in both cases - everyone is welcome here :-) . So a combination of the two is probably the best thing to look at other than the most important thing. The #1 thing being the quality of their posts of course. :-) ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Happy Birthday man. Idk why post count is more prominent, but I suppose it shows more activity which I guess should be rewarded.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Happy birthday, Sniper! ;-) ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Happy B-day!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby m16a » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:20 pm

Happy 3rd birthday. Here's a great gift to keep your league in line

:-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to General Talk