Golf Cart Controversy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Golf Cart Controversy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Golf Cart Controversy

Postby CC » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:54 pm

dream_017 wrote:
whodey#9 wrote:How do you guys not use carts? The 6 beers you can randomly fit in the pockets of your bag are just not enough for 18 holes. You have to have a cart to carry the cooler.

Ummm....3 words
Beer
Cart
Girl

I'll pass on paying $4 for a beer thank you very much. I am part of the "carts are awesome" crowd. I am a pretty crappy golfer and the added entertainment of booting around in a cart all drunk really makes the afternoon more enjoyable. If you want to walk, you should be able to, but don't piss and moan when I blow past you in my cart.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Golfing = OK.
Driving Golf Cart = darned good time! ;-D

I’d much rather drive the cart than golf – mostly because I stink and can only hit one of my clubs (and it’s not my putter, much to my chagrin). Driving around in a cart is awesome. I usually play at a “country course” that isn’t too busy, and they’re not terribly particular about the fairways (there are no cart paths except by the boxes), so you can go hither thither and yon with your cart (and if you’re me, you usually do go hither thither and yon trying to find your ball). That’s two thirds of my fun, to be honest.

Unfortunately we don’t have a Beer Cart Girl, but if we had one who looked like the girl in Dream’s picture I’d be all for it. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:27 pm

If the customer doesn't like it, it's their choice to golf somewhere else. It is a business, isn't it? Besides, if the ones complaining are in the majority, business will suffer and the golf club will have to change. If I was a betting man, however, I'd bet most of the members actually prefer golf carts and don't like it when they have to wait on walkers.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby onnestabe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:52 pm

I prefer to walk when possible, and I somewhat agree that requiring carts rarely speeds up the pace of play because you always play at the pace of the slowest group. If there's one group of crappy golfers that zig zag down the course, you could easily walk faster than their group. But that's more of an etiquette issue than anything. It's not hard to save time in a cart by dropping your playing partner off at his/her ball and going on up to yours instead of parking and waiting for them to hit, or by grabbing your putter and your wedges and walking the 100 yards to the green while your playing partner looks for their lost ball. I know this sounds like common sense, but I have played with people that don't get these basic concepts, and it is frustrating to say the least.

All that being said, I live in Houston, and I have come across very few courses where it is feasible for me to walk. Usually, because green fees are so high (nope, not paying $60 to play a course that doesn't have grass), I end up playing some kind of twilight round to save $$, and there's no way I can finish if I don't get a cart.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk