Need advice on a 16 team draft!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Need advice on a 16 team draft!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need advice on a 16 team draft!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!

Postby mesecher21 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:32 pm

I am in a 16 team keeper league and was hoping I could get some feedback on a strategy I am thinking about using. I have played a lot of fantasy football but never in a league with this many teams. It is a keeper league that keeps 4 players. I have the 15th pick in the draft. What I am thinking is that by the time it gets to me there will be no high quality RB's left. And also the league scores RB's kinda different as they only award 1 point per 20 yards and 6 points for a TD. So what I am thinking is that I will grab 2 top notch WR's with my first two picks hopefully like a steve smith, harrison, Ocho Cinco, To, Torry Holt, type of combo. Then take a top QB 3rd. After that I am thinking of stockpiling on RB's who specialize in Goaline situations ie.. Marion Barber, Jacobs, norwood, white. I think it might pay off because it s a TD haevy league when it come to RB's. IF you have any input please help me out. I am seriously torn on what to do right now. oh yeah and my draft is in 4 hours so the sooner the better
mesecher21
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need advice on a 16 team draft!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:54 pm

With 16 teams you won't get Barber or Jacobs in the 4th, and ya may not even get Norwood - your strategy is fantasy suicide - you've got to grab at least 1 RB in the first 2 rounds and I would most likely grab 2 - drafting where you are, you're guarenteed of getting 2 starters.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Re: Need advice on a 16 team draft!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:16 pm

I don't want to sound mean, but I hafta say this. Do not use that startegy. If you do, you will lose thee league. You need 2 starting RB so you absolutly have to take at least one, although I would say almost no matter who goes with the first 14 picks, I'd take 2. If you think about it, although you will have one of the worse #1 RB in the league, you'll have one of the best #2 RB, so IMO there is no other strategy than to go RB/RB with those your first 2 picks.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Beginner's Forum