Kornheiser is an idiot and ESPN is going soft on Vick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Kornheiser is an idiot and ESPN is going soft on Vick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kornheiser is an idiot and ESPN is going soft on Vick

Postby pigskinboy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Kornheiser actually said, regarding the consequences for Vick's sadistic acts, "Let's not get into cruel and unusual punishment". Tell that to all the innocent canine victims. ESPN is campaigning, in a not so subtle way, to do the "forgive and forget" thing. Disgusting.
pigskinboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kornheiser is an idiot and ESPN is going soft on Vick

Postby dgan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 pm

I don't know about that, as far as ESPN as a corporation having an agenda to spin Vick into a positive light. I think they probably do have a vested interest in NOT persecuting him to the point that they turn off other athletes...the ones who do their interviews and make them all the money. I watched Mike and Mike and First Take (formerly Cold Pizza), and I saw plenty of viewpoints. So I think as a whole, they are covering the issue fairly.

Here is my beef. At this point, Vick is no longer a football player. I can understand Kornweisenheimer being a jerk about it and demanding that every NFL player should discuss the topic with him for the whole year, because Tony is a pompous idiot who pretends to be a sports fan because that is what he gets paid for. In reality, he is nothing more than a pop culture addict who would love nothing more than to work on Showbiz Tonight.

So my thing is, after today, does there really need to be a constant commentary about Vick? Unless they are reporting something new or covering it on Outside the Lines or something, this is no longer a sports story. Let CNN cover it. I want to talk about people who are actually FOOTBALL PLAYERS!

I can understand the saturation of this today, but I wish we could all just put it behind us as a sports story now. From my point of view, this is now a general news story unrelated to the world of sports. I had my fill of it by 11am this morning...I am absolutely sick of hearing about it now.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Jagator07 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm

I can't stand anything Kornheiser says, MNF would be better off with John Stewart.
thanks to Deerayfan072
Jagator07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Popcynical » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Jagator07 wrote:I can't stand anything Kornheiser says, MNF would be better off with John Stewart.

And Stephen Colbert too.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:58 pm

well I don't like Kornheiser, but in a sense, I understand where he's coming from as far as the fact that, in the past, football players have not been prosecuted very hard (Leonard Little), which could amke you think that Vick could get off easy.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Jagator07 wrote:I can't stand anything Kornheiser says, MNF would be better off with John Stewart.

Yea, since hiring a funny guy who knows absolutely nothing about football sounds like a great idea!

cough cough Dennis Miller cough

...oh wait.... :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:47 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:well I don't like Kornheiser, but in a sense, I understand where he's coming from as far as the fact that, in the past, football players have not been prosecuted very hard (Leonard Little), which could amke you think that Vick could get off easy.

But dood, he said cruel and unusual punishment!!!!!

They could give him life in prison without parole and it wouldn't be "cruel and unusual". It would definitely be WAY too long of a sentence, but not cruel and unusual.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:25 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:well I don't like Kornheiser, but in a sense, I understand where he's coming from as far as the fact that, in the past, football players have not been prosecuted very hard (Leonard Little), which could amke you think that Vick could get off easy.

But dood, he said cruel and unusual punishment!!!!!

They could give him life in prison without parole and it wouldn't be "cruel and unusual". It would definitely be WAY too long of a sentence, but not cruel and unusual.

you don't think that's cruel and unusual to get a sentence that doesn't match the crime?

and for the record, little's case was handled by the state, not the fed.

edit: i'm not condoning or advocating or even defending either of these chumps.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:21 pm

What exactly was he referring to as "cruel and unusual punishment"? I feel that even in terms of prison sentence there is something that could be deemed cruel and unusual. And if ESPN wants to campaign for Vick (which they may or may not be doing), then let them; they're basically the only group doing so.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting