Top 2 WR From Same Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 2 WR From Same Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 2 WR From Same Team

Postby Popcynical » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:58 am

There's a bad way and a good way to look at this stragegy:

The good way is that you figure you're locking up most of the touchdowns scored through the air of a certain team. The bad way is that rarely do two receivers on the same team have a great game.

I'm going to attempt to argue the bad way to look at this strategy.

Everyone knows that WRs in fantasy football are the hardest predict. Say you have a number 1 receiver from one team, and a number 2 receiver from another. With this strategy you have a better chance for both receivers to have great games. However, with this strategy, you have a better chance for both receivers to have poor games. So this strategy could be viewed as a more high risk/reward than using two receivers on the same team.

In the end I don't really think it makes a difference in what you choose to do. If I already had a number one receiver on a team, and then later in the draft the number two receiver on the same team was the best player available for me, I would draft him no question.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SJNez46 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:15 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I'd be on the end that wouldn't prefer it. You get your end of the season stats there, but the inconsistent consistency that it brings is terrible. Rarely if ever do they both score TDs in the same game or even blow up together which is what you're looking for in the dynamic. You're basically giving yourself an average team on a week to week basis. I would say the same about WRs and TEs on the same team.

I am gonna have to go with Wicked on this one. Here, and on his next post he makes very good points.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm

I think having Wayne and Harrison on your team is the only combo I would like. They are on a powerhouse offense, with one of the most prolific and consistent QBs to ever play the game. Plus, they both finished in the top 5, maybe top 4 in yards last season, I can't remember, and combined for 21 TDs. 2600/21 for a starting WR combo is very nice. It's not like you're starting Bush/Deuce at RB, it only takes a dozen catches between these two to both have very nice games. Wayne and Harrison scored 37 points for owners last night.

Edit: sorry, 35 points because of the fumble.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 pm

benb18a wrote:I think having Wayne and Harrison on your team is the only combo I would like. They are on a powerhouse offense, with one of the most prolific and consistent QBs to ever play the game. Plus, they both finished in the top 5, maybe top 4 in yards last season, I can't remember, and combined for 21 TDs. 2600/21 for a starting WR combo is very nice. It's not like you're starting Bush/Deuce at RB, it only takes a dozen catches between these two to both have very nice games. Wayne and Harrison scored 37 points for owners last night.

Edit: sorry, 35 points because of the fumble.

I agree with this. The only combo I would go with would be those two that I can think of.

Well, I would have gone with TO and Terry Glenn, but just because you could get Terry Glenn pretty late in drafts and he would act as a bye week filler as well as a type of insurance for TO.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk